Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Family: Project Management
Oversees, develops and analyzes policies and practices related to
project management and the project management office. Develops,
analyzes and oversees project quality assurance and resource
allocation. Enhances program and project management capabilities
and operational oversight. Develops, edits and executes project
plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects.
Defines, develops and deploys standardized project management tools
and templates to ensure projects are completed efficiently.
Job Function: Technical Project Management
Manages and implements internal or external IT projects or programs
with a defined start and end. Leads team members from various job
families through a defined project life cycle. Plans, develops,
coordinates and assists with project activities through all project
phases (e.g., project planning, execution, communication, financial
management and issues/risk mitigation). Allocates, obtains and
manages resources and project management tools to achieve project
objectives. Creates and implements assessment processes to enforce
timely completion of projects in accordance with standards and
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Associate, Technical Project Management, leads and provides
direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated
with project planning and management to ensure that projects are
completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. S/he
manages and oversees the end to end project management activities
such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk
identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client
management, relationship management and other project documentation
preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity
(involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to
The incumbent directs and controls all work performed within the
framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans
and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals,
risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for
significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to
ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains
regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project
progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team
member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information
Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the
project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups
to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to
specification. Manages communication with the business at a
detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages
client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance
with company software development life cycle methodologies.
- This scrum master role will require ultimate proficiency to
efficiently traverse and manage multiple scrum teams across two
development squads. This person will organize and facilitate the
daily tasks and will also be responsible for submitting CHG
requests, data change service requests, etc. on behalf of the
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules
application/infrastructure projects, works closely with business
analysts, developers and QA to execute the project.
- Manages the project lifecycle from initiation through to
- Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies.
- Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of
activities associated with project planning and management to
ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to
- Manages and oversees the end to end project management
activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue /
risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation,
client management, relationship management and other project
documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity
(involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to
- Monitors project results for significant deviations and works
collectively with Information Technology functions to address
incidents and high priority defects.
- Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and
reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in
conformance with company software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical
groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and
to specification. Manages communication with the business at a
detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing
leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: business administration, management
information systems, computer science or equivalent or equivalent
- Experience -
- 9-12 years experience with technology or financial services
industry is strongly preferred.
- 5+ Years of Experience as a Scrum Master for large teams (12+
- 2+ years of technical background required for understanding the
day to day challenges of the team
- Skills & Abilities -
- Knowledge of SDLC, including Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to understand, analyze, and communicate technical
designs, project issues, and project status is required.
- Experience supporting customer facing, high-volume, mission
critical applications strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project commitments
to achieve quality solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead project resources.
- Proven ability to adhere to software project management best
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to facilitate work groups with a high degree of
professionalism, work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to incorporate technical and business knowledge in the
analysis of customer solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with diverse
- Ability to effectively present technical and non-technical
information to customers and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate, plan, and monitor labor
- Licenses & Certifications -
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Scrum Master (CSM)
certificationEmployees desiring consideration should complete an
online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed
by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent
information to support their candidacy.To be considered eligible
for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the
following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in -Good Standing -
Please click here to see the full policy -
Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and
strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage
everyone to apply.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing,
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is
required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, climb ladders.
Employer 's Rights:
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other
duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at
any time. This job description is not a contract for employment,
and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any
time, for any reason.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Miami , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!