Software Technical Support Specialist (Remote USA)
Company: Esme Learning
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Esme Learning is transforming the future of digital learning
through AI. Leveraging over 15 years of cognitive research, Esme
Learning courses deliver an immersive and collaborative executive
learning experience with some of the best universities in the
Each course blends high-production-quality video, live simulations,
interactive media, and small group exercises with top learning
design principles. Through Esme Learning's rapidly growing
portfolio of courses, executives gain technical skills and learn
business best practices from experts across a wide range of
frontier fields, including fintech, cybersecurity, health ventures
About The Role
Esme Learning Solutions is seeking a Software Technical Support
Specialist to be responsible for troubleshooting learner technical
support issues with tools integrated into our online learning
campus. This position reports into the Course Operations team at
Esme, serving 10,000+ learners yearly. The ideal candidate has
strong interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to
self-prioritize and work independently, and experience supporting
multiple complex software solutions at scale. This position is
currently remote, reporting to an East Coast US-based team.
The following list of duties is to serve as a guideline, not a
limitation to the scope of the responsibilities of the Software
Technical Support Specialist position:
- Provides customer facing support, including a proactive
approach to improving levels of service where possible.
- Takes and manages requests that come in by Slack, email or
through the support ticketing system.
- Provides estimates of effort for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoots simple to complex technical issues as reported by
learners and internal stakeholders.
- Researches and resolves issues by writing simple to complex
queries against databases.
- Manages workload and competing priorities to accomplish tasks
within agreed upon timeframes.
- Analyzes and identifies trends in problems being reported and
devises remediation measures.
- Analyzes existing data and metrics to determine trends and
- Works with business to determine requirements for developing
new reporting solutions.
- Technologies to support: Riff Edu, Vocareum, H5P, ReadSpeaker,
TurnItIn, and more
Values & Culture
- Respect & Accountability: Takes pride in work, welcomes
differing perspectives, works diligently to identify and solve
- Experimental/Innovation Focus: Curious, willing to try new
things, learns from previous experiences
- Collaborative: Shares what they know, seeks out counsel from
others, understands how contributions fit into the bigger
- Integrity & Trust: Reliable, communicates risks once they are
known, adapts and changes course when needed, acknowledges
- Customer-centric: Focuses on product excellence where learning
is the guiding principle. Committed to creating meaningful and
enjoyable learning experiences
- 5+ years of experience working with technology that supports
- Customer-facing experience
- Proven track record of debugging browser-based technical
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, project management skills preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadline
- Health Insurance including vision and dental
- Stock options
- Education Benefit to study WHATEVER course you want online
- Unlimited PTO
- Working with, and growing with an amazing team, in a high
growth startup to transform online education
Esme Learning is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Keywords: Esme Learning, Miami , Software Technical Support Specialist (Remote USA), IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!