Senior Software Engineering Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Quimbee has a massive library of content designed to help law
students and attorneys succeed, every step of the way. Not only do
we help law students succeed in law school and on the bar exam, but
Quimbee is also equally committed to building a premier collection
of courses designed to satisfy attorneys' MCLE requirements.
Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. We
are now seeking a senior software engineering manager to lead our
talented team of developers.
This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet
connection and a quiet place to work.
Our software engineering manager will be an Agile mentor and coach,
a self-described Agile evangelist with a keen ability to focus on
the bigger picture, build a strong culture within a self-organizing
team, and provide ongoing support to your team inclusive of
removing bottlenecks so the team can deliver value. You'll ensure
the team meets objectives, follows best practices, and collaborates
on solutions. You will also partner with product management to
continually deliver what the customer wants.
- Provide vision and action for team formation, technology
roadmap, technical staffing, and overall team growth
- Drive value delivery for the team while defining, implementing
and maintaining best practices
- Provide clearly defined success criteria and levels of
accountability for individuals on the team
- Remove impediments to the team's progress and act as an
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with your team members to
provide continuous performance feedback, goal setting, and to
identify areas for growth
- Be a strong advocate of the Agile process.
- Bachelor's in computer science or closely related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of hands-on leadership and management experience over
high performing development teams, 10+ people, using Agile
- Proven technical leadership in product development including
the ability to monitor, track, and report progress upstream to
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with site reliability
- Work with senior management to determine all budgetary
- Excellent soft skills, including communication, conflict
resolution, and emotional intelligence
- Based in the United States.
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with front-end technologies, including HTML, CSS,
- Experience leading diverse, geographically distributed
- Experience in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus
- Cross-platform team management experience (i.e. web and
- Profit share. We set aside a percentage of profits each year
and then pay them out across the team.
- Group health-insurance coverage.
- 401k matching up to 4% (100% matching up to 3% and 50% between
3% and 5%).
- Unlimited paid time off. Our philosophy is that if you feel you
need time off (for example, because of overwork, sickness, personal
matters, etc.), we're not going to question that. We just ask that
you don't abuse it and that you give us at least two weeks notice
if you plan to be away.
Keywords: Quimbee, Miami , Senior Software Engineering Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!