Lead/Sr. Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer - Direct Hire
Company: Conexess Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Title: Sr. & Lead Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer (2 Openings)
(C, 16/32-bit microcontrollers, AUTOSAR experience) - Direct
Conexess Group is looking for a technical software engineer who is
willing to take on leading in the growth of a world-class team. Our
client is a leader in energy management systems in electric
vehicles, In this role you will be responsible for leading the
development of embedded software in a small dynamic team to support
multiple actuator products to be used in electric vehicle climate
systems. As a development lead you'll be expected to represent
software for the product development team. This is a great
opportunity to build on existing skills and guide an excellent team
to developing the best product in its class.
Education and Years of Experience
- 5- 8+ years' experience developing embedded software is
- 5+ years' experience leading and mentoring other engineers on
technical assignments or as a software project technical lead.
(Only required for lead opening)
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Electrical or Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Strong C programming experience with a proven understanding of
- Experience developing software in an AUTOSAR compliant software
architecture is preferred.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (PWM, LIN,
CAN) and their design implications. Should also be familiar with
CAN/LIN test tools such as Vector or Intrepid hardware.
- Experience with UDS or automotive diagnostics.
- Experience with Software Configuration, Release and Change
Management is required.
- Experience with ASPICE development processes and a strong
understanding of the development V-Model is required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills is
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Use of general electronics test tools (o-scope, soldering iron,
function generator) to support software development and prototype
- Significant experience with the implementation of BLDC Motor
control strategies (Stepper / Back-EMF / SVM)
- Lead design and development of control software for
multi-purpose actuators and valves (BLDC motor, Brushed DC motor
controls, electronic valves & sensors).
- Technical project management of software development used in
- Lead the implementation and expansion of a "common platform"
software architecture that will support multiple product
- Follow and support implementation of global engineering
- Support in the quoting process to identify customer
requirements and analyze to product capability
- Interface with customers / stakeholders to identify product
software needs and coordinate the development of requirements
- Drive development of improved software testing processes to an
ASPICE capable practice.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to a team of embedded
- Ensure all customer performance specifications and requirements
- Provide technical expertise for motor control
Keywords: Conexess Group, Miami , Lead/Sr. Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer - Direct Hire, IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!