Senior Java Developer - Can Be Remote/WFH With Occasional Travel to Tampa, FL
Company: American Integrity Insurance Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida
homeowners insurance, has more than 290,000 customers and is
exclusively represented by more than 1000 independent agents who
specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound
and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured
home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised
of nearly over 240 insurance professionals, most of whom work in
our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place
to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work
in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past eight
A Day In The Life
Who Says Insurance Can't Be Fun? From company picnics to charity
events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesn't
understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving
back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six
core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and
fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our
policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day
and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our
mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners
insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner
when our customers suffer a loss - and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job
opportunities at www.aiiflorida.com
Your Title: Senior Java Developer
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for configuring and
customizing our policy, billing, and claims administration
software, as well as other programming tasks outside the system
such as integration using external API's. Working with IT Business
Analysts and other team members, the Senior Java Developer will
elicit, analyze, validate, verify and manage the needs of
stakeholders throughout the organization, focused on providing
customized solutions within the system. The Senior Java Developer
will analyze and translate business requirements to efficient code
design, while leveraging the existing code set and minimizes
customizations in the system that would make it harder for upgrades
at a later time.
What You'll Do
- Designs, develops, and tests new and/or modifies existing web
based applications, notably the Java-based Guidewire's
InsuranceNorR - policy, billing and claims administration
- Designs, document and promote software patterns following
Object Oriented Design best practices and techniques.
- Understand integration objectives by analyzing user
requirements and determine best way to use API's from vendors such
as ISO, Xactimate and credit card processors.
- Analyzes technical and business requirements, including
functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems
- Works closely with business partners to understand business
requirements to design quality technical solutions that align with
business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's
- Via formal and informal training and study/practice, becomes
expert in the ISCS/Guidewire system. Works with vendor-based
developers, architects, etc. as needed, to build appropriate
changes to the proprietary system.
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies and
works to develop recommendations that align with the IT needs and
- In conjunction with the Production Support Team, provides
system software support.
- Maintains a current understanding of technology and how it can
enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners.
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market;
improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution
- Mentors less senior developers and helps improve their
technical and IT knowledge. Contributes to IT processes and issues
to help improve work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need To Be a Top Candidate
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS or related
Experience: Minimum of Seven (7) Years' experience with Java
programming. Insurance or P&C experience preferred.
Skills / Knowledge
- Java, Eclipse, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Tomcat, Windows,
CVS, Jenkins SQL. Previous database experience (Oracle, SQLServer,
or MySQL) preferred
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design
- Understanding of integration services using SOAP and JSON
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and
- Understand the business drivers and how best to meet them.
- Organize multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in
starting and completing tasks.
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be
able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while
constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity
machinery such as a telephone. The person in this position needs to
occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets,
office machinery or communicate with coworkers.
Travel: Minimum, as required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be
the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific
circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job
to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: American Integrity Insurance Company, Miami , Senior Java Developer - Can Be Remote/WFH With Occasional Travel to Tampa, FL, IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!