Global Travel Operations & Technology Lead (Remote)
Company: Xylem Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to
solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading
global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water
technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved
and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose:
creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve
the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater,
we want to hear from you!
The Role: Global Travel Operations & Technology Lead. This role
will be responsible for Global Travel Operations & Technology. You
will oversee the day to day operations & technology management.
Your primary focus will be to support the on-going operations of
Xylem's Global Corporate Travel program across 55+ countries
focusing on outstanding customer service, travel compliance,
maximizing saving, and on-going program enhancements. You will
leverage your travel background, program management skills,
analytical expertise, global experience, and travel technology
expertise to support our travelers' needs and the overall success
of Xylem's travel program. This position will report to Global
Travel & Expense Manager.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
* Manage Global Travel program operations from outside service
* Maintain and develop travel systems and resources, including
internal travel page, Xylem Now Social platform, and associated
* Drive excellent experience for all travelers including travel
arrangers (EAs), meeting planners, senior executives, Relocations
* Cultivate traveler-centric culture. Reduce frictions across all
stages of the travel cycle: pre-trip approvals, while on the road,
and post trip expense (travel expense reimbursement)
* Oversee and provide direction to the agency dedicated account
representative assigned to Xylem
* Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners
and external vendors and stakeholders to identify and implement
options to improve the quality of service delivery and pursue
opportunities for global process delivery in line with best
* Provide metrics and reports on travel compliance, spend, and
* Accountable for service delivery against agreed and evolving
KPI's and service partnership agreement
* Schedule quarterly reviews with travel vendors
* Recommend key process improvements leveraging fact-based
* Drive cost saving opportunities where feasible
* Resolve issues and escalations efficiently and effectively
* Provide training & communications to internal and external
* Administer and Report on Traveler Surveys
* OBT - ensure that travel policy rules are programed correctly,
test various rules for different levels and countries (POS), verify
that OBT's messages and "pop-ups" for travelers are accurate and
reflects latest travel policies
* Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities,
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting related
field or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years recent experience in global Corporate Travel, Meeting &
Event Management environments or on Travel Supplier side (TMC,
airline, hotel, Travel Technology).
* Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in written
form) with stakeholders and have a solution driven mindset
* Technology savvy with extensive knowledge and skill in Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint.
* Strong analytical skills to effectively analyze data and build
meaningful reports, metrics, and charts
* Must have strong knowledge of travel technology tools including
travel management reporting tools
* Result focused, with evidence of actively driving change and
supporting best-practice goals
* Proven experience and ability to resolve and problems and
challenges, by performing root cause analysis and establishing
preventative measures to eliminate re-occurrence.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working
relationships across functions, organizations, and
* Excellent organizational skills, and ability to work
independently in a fast-paced environment handling multiple
projects at the same time.
* Strong customer service skills (servicing travelers, executives,
and Executive Admins)
* Understanding of TMC business models, GDS/NDC environment, OBT
(Concur, Expense & Travel, KDS Neo, GetThere, Ctrip) and associated
We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
* Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
* Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation,
benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life
integration and corporate citizenship.
* Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
* Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional,
supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds,
including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and
Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working
Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
* Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other
travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
* Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some
variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or
from Colorado, the salary range is $75,000 to $90,000. Final
compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location,
qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other
factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous
benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k)
with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and
Keywords: Xylem Inc., Miami , Global Travel Operations & Technology Lead (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!