Technical Business Analyst
Company: City National Bank of Florida
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Overview:The Technical Business Analyst performs process
automation, report writing and data analysis duties. In this role
the Technical Business Analyst has a key role in identifying and
determining which techniques should be used for each project based
upon size, complexity, and stakeholders. Exercises initiatives,
discretion, strong interpersonal skills and independent judgment
with respect, in making recommendations that can impact an entire
project or system. Assignments require advanced skills and
knowledge of hardware, software and system data. Principal Duties &
- Documents new processes and updates current documentation of
computer systems, programs and implement new procedures as
- Works with stakeholders from the different business units,
third party processors or support teams to ensure design
specification and users functionality meets the needs of management
decision support functions and those of our user base.
- Tests programs and operational procedures and provides basic
technical training and support in problem resolution for our user
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine
hardware, software, or system functional specifications, which are
essential to the sound business operations of the bank.
- Analyzes, documents, creates, designs, tests and develops or
modifies computer programs and operating systems working with end
users to ensure user design specifications.
- Creates, designs, writes codes, maintains and modifies scripts
for data extraction, business process automation and report
creation from business intelligence systems.
- Works closely and effectively with management throughout the
organization, providing technical guidance in business process
planning and deployment.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining operational procedures
and process flowcharts for banking and business applications used
by the institution.
- Works closely with users and other Analysts to strategize the
analysis, planning, development and implementation of new systems,
hardware, software, technologies and business intelligence
- Performs data mining and creates reports for management
decision support using the banks data analysis business
intelligence and report writing tools.
- Recommends and designs process for monitoring system activities
automatically as well notification mechanisms and follow up action
- Works closely with project managers in assessing cross product
and operational impacts of proposed projects to be
- Participates in the planning and executing application testing
- Backup resource for processing IF4 posting files.
- Backup resource for handling Core mass update requests using
Navigators MAP feature as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps a professional demeanor at
- Maintains compliance with established thresholds for Regulatory
Excellence key risk indicators.Qualifications:
- 2-4 years experience on Business Intelligence, MS SQL Server
SSIS - ETL Processes, SSRS required.
- Comprehensive banking experience preferred.
- Experience with Power BI preferred.
- Possesses a blend of strong banking business and high skill
level proficiency using technical business analysis software.
- Proficient in the use of data mining tools; SSRS or Power BI a
- Experience with ETL, SSIS, Data mapping, SQL and Stored
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal,
with experience communicating technical information and complex
research findings to non-technical audiences across multiple modes;
presentations, data visualizations, evaluation reports, and/or
- Good interpersonal and phone skills.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- External client interaction (meetings, networking etc),
accomplishment of goals, accuracy and regulatory compliance are
critical functions of this job.Education:
- Required Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
and Banking experience, preferably with the Fiserv Premier
Application Suite.Special Instructions to Candidates:
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to assist individuals with
disabilities to complete the online application process. Please
contact our Human Resources Department at 305-577-7680 or by e-mail
Keywords: City National Bank of Florida, Miami , Technical Business Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!