Attorney, International Trust & Estates
Company: PEAR Core Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Our team helps families, and their financial and legal advisors,
from all over the world structure their assets in an efficient
manner with a focus on wealth preservation and succession planning.
We advise on all aspects of wealth structuring, tax implications,
The focus of this role will be to work directly with high-net-worth
foreign and domestic individuals and their advisors on all aspects
of international and domestic trust and estate planning.
The ideal candidate would need to have experience with drafting
complex foreign grantor trusts, buy-sell agreements, family limited
partnerships, irrevocable trust instruments, grantor retained
annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, dynasty
trusts, directed trusts, sales to defective grantor trusts, and
decanting. They would have a general knowledge of income taxation
of trusts and estates as well as gift tax concerns associated with
trust and estates and corporate structuring, particularly use of
offshore corporations for acquisitions of US assets.
- Work on sophisticated estate planning and estate administration
for high net-worth individuals.
- Advise clients with respect to estate planning, trust
administration, estate administration, and tax audits
- Assist with the formation and operation of private and public
not for profit organizations.
- Advise clients on IRS and NYS estate tax return preparation and
- Work with and review work product of paralegals.
Minimum Education: Juris Doctorate and an LL.M. in Taxation
Required Licensure: Certified by the FL Bar Association
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- 4-5 years of International Trust & Estates experience at a law
firm and/or in-house legal.
- Licensed attorney and member in good standing of the Florida
- Experience drafting international trust documentation, complex
wills, and gift planning documentation.
- Ability to lead a project from start to finish, including
maintaining constant communication with clients, advisors, and
senior attorneys on a matter.
- Desire to learn about overall firm practice and governance,
including other departments such as corporate, tax, and real
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative and
- Must be flexible and can multitask and prioritize work tasks in
an effective manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, and time
- Requires some flexibility in scheduling, such as the ability to
work evenings and weekends to meet client deliverables.
- May require ability to travel locally by car/public
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so
classified. Grant Herrmann retains the right to change or assign
other duties to this position.
Grant Herrmann is an equal employment opportunity employer and
considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the
uniformed services, or any other basis protected by federal, state
or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: PEAR Core Solutions, Inc., Miami , Attorney, International Trust & Estates, Legal , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!