Company: Kemper Corporation
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Location(s)Miami FLDetailsKemper is one of the nation's leading
specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the
talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the
lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing
culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and
professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be
highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services
are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and
evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an
experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our
promises.Position Summary:Break free of the grind and put your
legal skills to work in an environment that's anything but
"corporate." We want your creativity as well as your experience on
our Staff Counsel Team. Be recognized as a trusted advisor and
appreciated as a key contributor to success. Continuously gain new
experience and grow in a fast-paced collaborative setting. If
you're up for a challenge and want an active role in one of the
Insurance Industry's biggest success stories, we should
- Work independently on assigned cases.
- Partner closely with Claims and Special Investigations units to
aggressively pursue referred files.
- Interact with interesting professionals who are among the best
in their fields.
- Provide timely status reports to claims handlers on significant
events and milestones at no greater than 60-day intervals.
- Respond promptly to calls and correspondence.
- Talk shop with other top-notch legal thinkers.
- Develop and document a well-honed strategy for handling each
- Attend to and synopsize intangibles such as the judge,
plaintiff attorney, and aggravating factors.
- Maintain meticulous document files of pleadings, briefs and
- Employ creative solutions to tackle tough problems.
- Embrace Company and Staff Counsel protocols, operating
guidelines and procedures.
- Master supporting technologies such as case management software
for notes, diary, calendar, billings etc.
- Adhere to all legal and ethical standards and
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a trial attorney.
- Prior experience handling insurance defense work is
- Must be a current member of the Bar in the State where
practicing and maintain necessary licensing and continuing
education requirements throughout employment.
- Required to travel as needKemper is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability
status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in
the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting
diversity and equality across our organization and we work
diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.Kemper
does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or
staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the
property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a
Keywords: Kemper Corporation, Miami , Trial Attorney, Legal , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!