AIDE HOME CARE
Company: Catholic Home Health Services of Miami-Dade County
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Summary & Objective
The Home Care Aide is responsible for providing care and/or
assisting with care when appropriate. The Home Care Aide provides
essential services to homebound elderly clients or patients with
disabilities, a chronic illness, or other health issues. Such care
must be provided in accordance with current Federal, State and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the
agency, and as may be required by the Clinical manager, Director of
Professional Services, or the Administrator to ensure that the
highest quality care is maintained at all times.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Certified Nursing Assistant and/or HHA (75
Hours) certification to practice in the state of Florida.
- CPR certification
- 1 year experience working with a Home Health agency
- Updated annual 12 hours of In-Service Training
- Experience working with Alzheimer patients
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
- Performs all personal care activities which are permitted to be
performed as contained in a written assignment by a licensed health
professional (Aide Care Plan)
- Reviews safety risks within the patients home and takes
appropriate action. Notifies supervisor on risks and actions,
documentation actions taken.
- Protects patient from injury while performing
- Uses appropriate techniques in performing personal hygiene and
grooming tasks that include:
-Sponge, tub, and shower bath
-Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed
-Nail and skin care
-Toileting and elimination
- Recognizes emergencies and has the knowledge of instituting
emergency procedures within their scope if the situation arises
while providing patient care.
- Communicates effectively through ability to read, write and
verbally report clinical information to patents, representatives,
and caregivers, as well as other HHA staff
- Reports to the appropriate supervisor changes in the patients
condition including change in appearance, behavior, and other
elements of body functioning.
- Recognize and report changes in skin condition, including
pressure ulcers to DPS/Clinical Manager or other members of the
health care team
- Provides proper body positioning for patients.
- Assists with restorative exercises to include normal range of
motion and/or other specific exercises and treatments assigned by a
registered nurse, physical therapist or occupational
- Uses safe transfer and ambulation techniques including the use
of assistive devices when assisting patients.
- Uses appropriate and safe techniques for personal care
services: hygiene, grooming and activities of daily
- Measures and records temperature, pulse and
- Provides basic nutrition and food preparation including
planning meal preparation and serving.
- Maintains clean and healthy patient environment.
- Promotes patient independence with self-personal care and
activities of daily living and instrumental activities of living by
showing patient how to perform these activities and guarding
patient while attempting to perform.
- Measures and records fluid intake and output when indicated on
the care plan,
- Performs light housekeeping duties including personal
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
- Provides transportation for the patient who privately pays for
services when requested by the supervisor.
- Reinforces dressings when assigned to do so by the care
- Able to work with physical, emotional and developmental needs
of our patients and other populations served by HHA, including
understand the need for respect for our patients privacy, and their
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure
compliance with agency policy.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating
in in-service programs and maintaining/improving
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share
information only when recipient's right to access is clearly
established and sharing of such information is in the best interest
of the patient.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.
Keywords: Catholic Home Health Services of Miami-Dade County, Miami , AIDE HOME CARE, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!