This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The
toolbar contains the following
The AudioEye Help Desk to report accessibility and usability
The AudioEye Certification Statement to explain the completed
testing and optimization for accessibility on this website. Ongoing
analysis will continually enhance accessibility and usability.
The Reader tool to customize the visual display of this
The Player tool to listen to this site read aloud. The Player is
not intended as a substitute for your screen reader.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
FINANCE DIRECTOR 30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1113
INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
City of Opa-locka
Posted Date: 3/28/19
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Minimum Starting Salary: $99,000
The City of Opa-locka is
seeking an innovative and forward thinking Finance Director with
maintenance and implementation, government finance and financial
experience to work for a trend-setting city. This opportunity
provides great benefits and competitive pay.
Nature of Work:
Finance Director supervises all activities of the Finance
preparing analysis and projections; maintaining integrity of the
financial information system; making long and short range plans;
with the Budget Director. This is responsible supervisory
finance and budget
work in the management of all General Government accounting
and budgeting reports, accounting and budget systems and
procedures and risk
management programs. The Finance Director serves at the will of
Manager and may be appointed or removed by the City Manager.
Work in this class
is distinguished from other classes by its emphasis on General
finance, budget and risk management.
be required to work and attend meetings outside regular business
Essential Job Functions:
· Plans, directs, coordinates and administers all activities
and personnel of the City's department in accordance with all
applicable laws, rules,
regulations and directions from City government.
· Supervises activities of the Finance Department, including
administration, accounting, property control, billing and
payable, payroll, occupational licenses, cash/debt management,
· Supervises activities of the Risk Management Department,
including employee benefits, employee health and wellness
compensation, safety and loss prevention programs.
· Analyzes the City's fiscal policies, interprets data, and
recommends actions to immediate supervisor, the City Manager and
· Coordinates activities with functions of other City
departments and private and public agencies.
· Directs preparation of reports and statements on the
financial affairs including internal and external reporting.
· Reviews all revenue forecasts for all General Government
Enterprise Funds to provide basis for cash flow forecasting.
· Prepares analysis and projections of the City's cash
to insure that temporarily idle funds are invested and that
investments of debt
service funds mature at correct time.
· Maintains integrity of the integrated financial
· Manages and administers the treasury function of the City,
including disbursing of City payrolls and General Government and
· Manages and administers the controllership function of the
· Prescribes accounting/treasury forms and procedures.
· Administers and coordinates investment activities, revenue
collections, banking services, debt service, and other financial
· Prepares, submits and monitors annual departmental budget.
· Makes long- and short-range plans for the department.
· Serves as liaison with the City Commission on financial
· Recommends selection, promotion, discharge, and other
appropriate personnel actions.
· Attends work on a continuous and regular basis.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree
from an accredited college or university in business or public
accounting, public finance, or related field.
· Certified Public Accountant, Certified Government Finance
or Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO)
· Five (5) years of
progressively responsible management and supervisory experience
and financial management for a governmental agency or other
· An equivalent
combination of education, training and experience which provide
knowledge, skills and abilities.
finance experience is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances, regulations and
statutes which govern City finance and risk management
· Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of
administration and supervision.
· Knowledge of research methods and techniques and methods
effective report presentation.
· Knowledge of office practices and procedures, accounting
equipment, and integrated financial information systems.
· Knowledge of governmental budget procedures.
· Ability to plan, assign, delegate and direct work of
administrative and supervisory personnel.
· Ability to assess municipal problems and proposed policies
in terms of their financial and administrative impact.
· Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to
evaluate work accomplishments.
· Ability to appraise market trends as they apply to
municipal debt and to present findings effectively in oral and
· Ability to work effectively with elected officials,
officers, department heads, representatives of other agencies,
employees, the financial community and the general public.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
submit an Official City Application Form to:
City of Opa-locka Human Resources Department
Street 4 th Floor
Applications/Resumes for this position will be accepted