Inbound Operations Team Leader Apply Now Job ID: R0000082872 job
family: Store Hourly Management schedule: Variable Location: 8350 S
Dixie Hwy, Miami, Florida, United States, 33143-7714; Description:
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help
us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When
you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in
everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that
brings their passion and pride to all that they do. We delight our
guests with area experts ready to assist with items that are
instock and priced accurately ensuring guests have an enjoyable
experience both in stores and online.
ALL ABOUT GENERAL MERCHANDISE
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a
consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set,
in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The
General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound,
replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and
promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This
team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and
food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our
guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful
experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of an Inbound Operations Team Leader can provide you with
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience
building a guest first culture on your team
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales
trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and
• Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to
support business priorities and deliver sales goals
• Skills in process improvements and workload efficiency
• Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including
skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and
As an Inbound Operations Lead, no two days are ever the same,
but a typical day will most likely include the following
• Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload
to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest
• Be an expert of operations, accuracy and efficiency.
• Utilize your workload planning tools to complete all scheduled
workload ensuring areas are guest ready at store open.
• Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your leader based
off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
• Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this
may include early morning, evening, overnight shifts and
• Assess all General Merch backroom, sales floor areas and
review reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to
• Enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring
product is in stock and available.
• Plan, lead and follow-up on organizational and operational
• Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and
develop a guest-centric team.
• Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members
accountable to expectations.
• Lead team onboarding and learning.
• Lead and coach the team to ensure accuracy and efficiency in
all inbound processes.
• Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs
of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and
compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others
accountable to this commitment.
• If applicable, as a Key Carrier, follow all safe and secure
training and processes.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited….
We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE
TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target
products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at
a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the
weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will
help teach you everything you need to know to be an Inbound
Operations Lead. But there are a few skills you should have from
• High school degree or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
• Lead and hold others accountable
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we
want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we
• Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely,
including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays)
and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a
qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance)
with the application process upon your request as required to
comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require
assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest
Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services
at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
areas of interest Select a job category from the list of
options. Search for a location and select one from the list of
suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert. Job
Store Hourly Leadership, Miami, Florida, United States
Store Hourly, Miami, Florida, United States Remove
Store Leadership, Miami, Florida, United States Remove
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target
respects and values the individuality of all team members and
guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.