PREVENTIONIST, INFECTION CONTROL
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Preventionist, Infection Control (ICP)is responsible for the
training of new staff in infection control principles and the
yearly in servicing of current employees, monitoring compliance
with infection control policies and practices. He/She is also
responsible for tracking and trending infections/emerging pathogens
in resident illnesses. Essential Functions
- Oversee and adhere to the Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
- Identify surveillance plan for facility, implement
surveillance, review and collect data, analyze data, calculate
rates, prepare reports, logs and checklists for feedback to
clinical staff, committees and leadership
- Review and update policies in coordination with the Director,
Nursing Services and Officer, Chief Medical based upon new
guidelines, regulations, and scientific publications. Ensure all
policies are reviewed and updated as needed.
- Review all possible sentinel events; participate in root cause
analysis and follow-up action plan in coordination with Director,
Nursing Services, Manager, Risk and report to facility
administrator. Keep track record of cases reviewed and root cause
analysis on cases of concern.
- Conduct annual Infection Control program evaluation, ongoing
risk assessment and annual IC plan and communicate findings to
appropriate committees and individuals.
- Oversee Employee Health program to ensure compliance with
regulations, annual influenza immunization program, new hire health
evaluation and immunization program, injury prevention and
treatment and trend analysis of communicable disease exposure.
- Conducts facility rounds to ensure compliance with patient
rooms, isolation rooms (PPE are available in room, storage bin
outside of door with supplies, STOP sign on door, biohazard bins),
hand hygiene product availability, hand washing techniques,
refrigerators, linens (stored properly), soiled utility and linen
room, supply room, dining rooms, halls, sharp containers.
- Oversees Infection Control plan to ensure compliance with
immunizations for patient and/or resident's.
- Coordinates and ensures Antibiotic Stewardship Programs is
properly managed in coordination with consultant pharmacist and
- Ensures nursing personnel is in compliance with PPE.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Provides infection control in-services during orientation and
on a regular basis to employees
- Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as
- Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Answers call lights within appropriate established
- Perform other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc. Disclaimer The job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or be assigned at any time. EEOC Statement CHS provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PM19 Requirements Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Registered Nurse license to practice in the
state of Florida
- Infection Control Preventionist (ICP) qualified by education,
training, experience or certificate
- CPR certification
- BSN preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Miami , PREVENTIONIST, INFECTION CONTROL, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!