Cook - Sushi (Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.)
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is now searching for a talented
individual to join our Sushi team. As part of the culinary team you
will be responsible for preparing and cooking high quality Asian
foods, including sushi, while observing the highest sanitation
standards. To be successful as part of this team, previous
experience in a buffet setting with Asian offerings, a Japanese
restaurant, or an Asian restaurant is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Each culinary shipboard employee reports to their workstation
assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to
Royal Caribbean International?s Gold Anchor Standards. This
includes a clean uniform, name tag, chef?s hat, apron, hair net for
ladies and specified safety shoes and appropriate personal
* Collaborates with the assigned station-head, usually the Chef de
Partie or Sous Chef to review the requirements of the day?s meals
and time frames for restaurant service. Takes part in ordering and
cost controlling food requisitions to avoid over production and
unnecessary food wastage. Follows Company recipes to produce
* Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation,
temperature maintenance log, storage procedures, cooking
requirements and handling techniques with regard to HACCP, public
health standards and kitchen cleanliness. USPH, a plus.
* Maintains cleanliness of all utensils and equipment in their
assigned section, taking care not to splash water inside the
electrical components to prevent damage. Handle carefully all
equipment by placing them in the right storage areas and never
allowing anything to drop onto the floor while transporting to
other location. Report immediately to supervisor any equipment that
is out of order or needs to be repaired.
* Understand and follow Time and Attendance policy, take initiative
to prevent unnecessary overtime by organizing work station and
planning ahead by anticipating menu requirements. Attends meetings,
training activities, RCCL culinary training course and all other
work-related activities on time.
* Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to
minimize wasted energy and resources.
* Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to perform basic sushi preparation/methods including
portioning, chopping and storing food. Must possess knowledge of a
variety of knives to slice, dice, chop, julienne, etc., and possess
good knife skills.
* Ability to identify and operate common kitchen equipment such as
rice cookers, mixers, deep fat fryers, ovens, Bain Marie, etc.
Support pantry when assigned.
* Ability to identify basic food items from the galley and
* Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team
environment to meet overall established time frames for the entire
food service operation.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed directions,
instructions and recipes.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with
* Ability to read and write English in order to understand and
interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and
receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively
present information and respond to questions from guests,
supervisors and co-workers. Be able to compute basic
* Computer skills a plus. Basic Math skills preferred.
Keywords: , Miami , Cook - Sushi (Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!