Reading Instructor (Reading Teacher)
Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2021
OverviewMiami Job Corps is seeking a committed year-round FLDOE
Certified Reading Teacher to complement our dedicated team of
educators that make a difference in the lives of our students. The
ideal candidate will be a passionate educator with an ability to
connect with a diverse student body. They will know how to organize
a class and make learning an easy and meaningful
process.Qualifications:FLDOE Professional Educator
CertificateBachelors DegreeA minimum of one-year
teaching.Experience teaching high or middle school
- Responsible to provide students with academic training leading
to GED/HSD completion and improved literacy and numeracy skills.
Provides students with comprehensive and individualized case
management that ensures student progress, achievement and
completion of the Job Corps program.
- Ensures classroom is well organized and conducive to student
learning. Holds students accountable for following Center's dress
code/behavioral standards of conduct.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and
work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet
established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete
all required job responsibilities.
- Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the
student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and
positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy
to students and holds them accountable for their actions and
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met.
- Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and
services.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school required. Master's
- FLDOE Professional Educator Certificate.
- Previous teaching or Job Corps experience preferred. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Miami , Reading Instructor (Reading Teacher), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!