Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Route Driver in Riviera Beach,
Home Every Night - Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air
Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of
gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our
distribution network serves more than one million customers of all
sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched
expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to:
manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food
service, and so on
Drives a Flatbed Truck loaded with compressed gas cylinders,
liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on
scheduled route. Loads/unloads truck and sets up cylinders for
customer use at the University of Florida. Does require a good bit
of walking to deliver the Cylinders when on Campus. Pickup empty
cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a
load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt
purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints.
Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting
deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working
order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance,
and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
* Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard goods
orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return
empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
* Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents,
ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts
and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
* Establish and maintain good customer relations, by
communicating in person with customers, providing information on
cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
* Identify and monitor customers' needs and work with them to
maintain proper hard good and cylinder levels to minimize or
eliminate emergency deliveries.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
* Maintain appropriate drivers' license and endorsements.
* Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels
* Perform counter sales and assist customers, when
* Assist with inspection and filling of cylinders.
* Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and
demonstrations as required.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) Preferred.
* 1 year driving experience or driving school training in the
past 4 years
* Class B CDL with HazMat endorsement
* Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience
handling compressed gases, preferred.
* Customer service or sales experience, preferred
* Computer experience or basic knowledge in computer order entry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Must be at least 21 years old.
* Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by
regulation for drivers.
* Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to
converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic
signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official
inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
* Strong verbal communication skills, self-starter,
self-motivated, sense of urgency, well-organized, ability to
achieve goals, and ability to focus and pay attention to
* Ability to analyze a customer's situation and help resolve
* Team player with positive attitude.
* Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes
on employee's own time.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
* No at-fault accidents or moving violations in previous 3
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift
76 to greater than 100 lbs.
* Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
* Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
* Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
* Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger
activities. Frequent bending also required.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,