Company: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Were offering a limited-time sign-on bonus for
new team members who are dedicated to providing an exceptional
guest experience. Apply today, join our team, and you can be
eligible to earn up to $600!
La Quinta by Wyndhamis now seeking aHouseperson to join our team
at the La Quinta by Wyndham Miami - Airport West location in
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the
cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas.
He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms
(luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove
newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and
note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
- Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as
- Elevator lobbies
- Ash urns
- Glass tables
- Ice machines/vending machines
- Elevator doors/frames
- Service landing/linen closets
- Stair wells
- Polish floors
- Other projects as assigned by management
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow
employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets
to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to
assist with cleaning if needed.
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service
landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office,
linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company.We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world.Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers.We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brandsdelivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by
Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham,
Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtelby
Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe
in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Miami - Airport
West,8730 N.W. 27th Street,Miami,Florida33172
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Miami , Houseperson, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!