Surgical Technologist PRN (22342-147)
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Coral Gables Surgery Center is a busy, multispecialty ambulatory
surgery center, performing outpatient procedures in Orthopedics,
Spine/Pain Management, Ophthalmology, General Surgery,
Plastic/Reconstructive, Neurosurgery, and Urology. We are an
affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, who provides
first-class surgical services for local communities, and we
recognize our employees as our number one asset. USPI's mission is
to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own.
Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our
mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
We are currently searching for per diem Surgical Technicians to
join our team.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team
- Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical
procedures in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends in services, conferences, and meetings as
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Program. Certification preferable.
Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to
carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
situations. Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with
medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical
procedures for an operating room.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Miami , Surgical Technologist PRN (22342-147), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!