Operations Center Supervisor
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Operations Center Supervisor
We are here to challenge the transportation status quo and
reimagine what it means to travel by train in America.
Combine your experience, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit
by joining our growing team in South Florida. Brightline is pleased
to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the
opportunity to make a difference while making history as the only
privately funded express train service in the country.
At Brightline, we believe in creating meaningful connections
through exceptional travel experiences. We operate at the
intersection of hospitality and transportation and we are on a
mission to encourage America to Go Car Free. Carefree. Brightline
owns and operates an express passenger rail system connecting major
population centers in Florida, with plans to expand operations
further in Florida, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and elsewhere in North
America. We are the first new major private passenger intercity
railroad in the United States in over a century, and we believe our
business represents a scalable model for twenty-first century
passenger travel in North America.
Brightline currently operates between Miami and West Palm Beach,
one of the most heavily traveled and congested regions in the U.S.
We are about halfway finished with construction of our Florida
passenger rail system's expansion to Orlando, Florida, and we
intend to further expand our rail service to Tampa, Florida with an
intermediary stop at Walt Disney World Resort. We can operate up to
32 trains daily that are capable of speeds of up to 125 miles per
hour, and we own stations located in the heart of downtown cities
and major transit hubs in Florida. Our passenger rail system offers
a travel option that is faster, safer, more eco-friendly, more
reliable, less expensive, more productive, and more enjoyable than
travel by car or air.
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a
part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on
hospitality and guest service.
We're looking for an Operations Center Supervisor who's as
passionate about both operations performance and hospitality as we
are. This role provide teammate supervision in the Operations
Center, the 24-hour a day, 7-day a week home of the team
responsible for coordinating many aspects of the operation and the
team responsible for delivering world-class guest support.
The Operations Center stands at the core of Brightline
operations, communicating service changes with train dispatchers,
station teammates, and others within the organization, updating
passenger information systems, alerting operations leaders to
escalated circumstances, and bridging departmental divides to keep
the operation running smoothly. The Operations Center also handles
guest communications and support via digital channels and
telephone, reaccommodating guests when needed, accessing travel
records in the reservation system, and issuing vouchers, credits
and refunds when appropriate. The Operations Center Supervisor,
working with the direction of the Operations Center Manager, is
responsible for developing standard operating procedures, building
shift schedules, supporting training activities, and providing
coaching. The Operations Center Supervisor fills in where needed to
ensure appropriate coverage of critical operations functions.
We're looking for a team-centered, enthusiastic and dependable
emerging leader whose operational drive will take us to the next
- Supervise a team of Control Center Operators and Guest Response
Agents as they support the company's operations
- Manage operations during disruptive circumstances including
delays and incidents involving people, facilities and trains,
prioritizing guest and teammate safety while efficiently restoring
- Ensure that Control Center Operators properly execute their
duties according to standard operating procedures, and that
discretion is used when appropriate in the interest of safety,
guest comfort, and company priorities
- Ensure that Guest Response Agents follow Brightline standards
as they represent the company through e-mail, chat, and telephone
calls by developing standard operating procedures, providing
hands-on training, and performing routine quality oversight
- Support teammate training that leads to a solutions-focused
approach to handling guest grievances
- Support response center agents on escalated or particularly
complex guest grievances
- Administer response center agents' software and service
- Handle ticket and reservation inquiries; demonstrate working
knowledge of the booking and travel policy, fare structure, seating
layout and special service requests.
- Support record and data collection of common questions,
comments, and grievances and develop key performance indicators to
reduce their occurrences
- Report any escalated issues in a timely manner to appropriate
- Assist response center agents answering telephone calls
according to ADA compliance guidelines.
- Manage incident cases within our guest relation management
database. Ensure swift follow up from teammates and
- Process ticket sales, credits, refunds, or upgrades in our
back-end reservations system.
- Anticipate guest needs and share information about each station
and the surrounding areas, adapting your communication style to
suit a diverse population.
- Participate actively in the security and safety of the station,
keeping an eye out for any suspicious situations that come across
chats or emails and immediately report them to the Chief of Safety
- Assist with incident management by performing functions to
support company operations, including delaying or rescheduling
trains, generating proactive and timely communications for internal
stakeholders, transferring displaced guests from one train to
another, processing delay/cancellation credits, assisting with
recovery during and post-incident.
- Contribute to recurring reports to track and communicate
performance against key operational metrics.
We are a new business model - agile and evolving. The job
description isn't meant to be a complete list of your
qualifications or all the things you'll do.
- You have at least two years operations experience in a
high-traffic hospitality or transportation field.
- Operations experience in rail or aviation is not required but
is a PLUS.
- You are willing to be available 24 hours per day, 7 days per
week as needed to support the operation (and to ensure coverage
during periods of unavailability).
- You are calm under pressure and can help others maintain focus
and purpose during stressful circumstances.
- You have experience teaching standard operating
- You are proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Excel
and Powerpoint; able to type approximately 65wpm.
- You are organized and able to handle multiple tasks;
prioritizing what is most important first.
- You are able to coach and counsel teammates on grammar when
writing emails or chatting with guests over the computer.
- You don't need to be a whiz, but you have intermediate math
- You have and can show legal permission to work in the United
- You are able to work shifts, including weekends and
- You speak, read, and write English at a High School level.
- The ability to speak multiple languages is not required, but a
NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS
NECESSITY. Brightline Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,
Brightline Management, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both
prospective and current employees to discuss potential
accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Brightline, Miami , Operations Center Supervisor, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!