AWS Solution Architect - REMOTE
Company: The Hartford
Posted on: September 12, 2021
You are a driven and motivated
problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make
an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life
and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in
the right place.
The Hartford is seeking a Solution Architect
to join the Solution Architecture team supporting our Personal
Lines business segment as it progresses through a modernization
agenda. If you’re a passionate technical leader with a desire to
never stop learning and looking to stay on top of the latest trends
in emerging technologies such as APIs, Microservices, Cloud
technologies, SaaS solutions, and more, this position is for
This is a technical position that requires 8+ years’ experience
in IT combined with strong application design & development skills
and excellent communication skills. This position will be
responsible for conceptualizing and designing innovative end-to-end
software architectures that enable strategic business
objectives. Designs produced must meet both business and
non-functional requirements while aligning to standard reference
The Solution Architect is responsible for the creation of end to
end digital first solution designs spanning across multiple
components and technologies partnering with the development team
and other architects to identify and implement solutions that will
enable business capabilities in a dynamic, Agile environment. The
Solution Architect will also provide technical leadership to
project teams as the solution design progresses through
implementation into run.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Primary accountability for the position involves establishing
and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs
aligning to The Hartford’s reference architectures, blueprints, and
business and IT strategies across The Hartford’s Personal Lines
Technology and Enterprise landscape.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures
that enable strategic initiatives & technology objectives that
consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security,
complexity, and cost.
- Designing solutions leveraging Native Cloud architectures and
services, including integrations to other Cloud based solutions in
hybrid and multi-cloud models.
- Designing solutions and integrations leverage SaaS
- Participation with agile teams to ensure architecture standards
are being maintained.
- Frequent interaction with peers and senior leaders as part of a
cross functional team while creating and socializing solution
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing
robust enterprise level solutions with a broad understanding of
traditional and modern software technology frameworks, platforms,
vendor software solutions, development tools, and
- The applicant must have hands-on experience and technical
skills in designing and implementing robust enterprise level
solutions with a broad understanding of traditional and modern
software technology frameworks, platforms, vendor software
solutions, development tools, and processes.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud based
- Experience designing and implementing Microservices or
API-based integrations with clear understanding of JSON, REST and
- Experience integrating both modern and legacy systems is a
- Clear understanding of cloud, hybrid cloud, and container
deployment architectures including building cloud-ready
applications and container orchestration systems (e.g.,
- Experience with creating and/or implementing designs and
integration patterns connecting varied technology systems and
- Experience working with agile development teams, methodologies
- Experience with DevOps practices including but not limited to
continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts
and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis
tools is a plus.
- Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes,
solution designs, documentation and other materials that contribute
to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- The candidate must have strong written and verbal
communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with
ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and
influence key stakeholders.
- Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and
research skills; Have the ability to handle multiple high priority
demands; and have the ability to be detail oriented, yet still be
able to have clarity on the overall picture.
- Proficiency in designing and developing complex IT systems and
assessing and evaluating alternative solutions.
- A strong desire to stay on top of technology trends in the
Insurance Industry, Cloud, and Emerging Technology space.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company
Remote candidates are welcome
Orientation/Gender Identity or
Architect - IA07BE
Keywords: The Hartford, Miami , AWS Solution Architect - REMOTE, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!