Posted on: September 13, 2021
This position includes a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
(External candidates only)
- Perform complete dissection, gross description, selection and
submission of tissue for microscopic examination and special
studies following departmental guidelines.
- Follow the laboratory's procedure for specimen handling and
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and
- Assist other areas rotations within the department with
specified assignments in a timely manner after the assigned job has
- Ensure a professional environment is maintained.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results and work to correct or report the
- Maintain high ethical standards and integrity in performing the
- Knowledge of hazardous waste management.
- Knowledge of personal protection measures and blood borne
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology is
- No experience required with the completion of a NAACLS
accredited PA program
- 2+ years of grossing experience small biopsies and complex
- Florida state license eligibility required
- Experience in a high volume clinical laboratory environment is
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory
information systems are a plus
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention detail along with strong organizational
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on
In order to ensure the safety of our patients
, this position requires as part of the post-offer onboarding
process, successful completion of medical surveillance testing
which includes: TB testing; proof of immunity or vaccination for
Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR; proof of vaccination for COVID-19
(must be fully vaccinated: at least two weeks or more following
receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more
weeks following receipt of a single-dose vaccine); annual flu
vaccination; and color blind deficiency testing (if required by
position). Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you
are in need of an exemption due to a medical
contraindication/disability or religious belief.
Keywords: Labcorp, Miami , Pathology Assistant, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!