ATTENDANT, CONFERENCE SERVICES (On Call ) @ FIU South Campus
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Posted Date: Aug 18, 2021
- We are hiring immediately for an
ATTENDANT CONFERENCE SERVICES position.
- Location: FIU 11200 SW
8th St Miami Fl 33199 Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: On-Call: based
on business needs.
- Requirement: Experience
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: Ensures that all meeting rooms and
public areas of the facility are maintained to the highest level of
professional appearance and that all meeting requirements are met
prior to the meeting start time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves and places tables, chairs, and supply linens for each
event in the conference center.
- Supplies and sets up items not included in the room
(flipcharts, whiteboard, screens, etc.).
- Assists with conference room readiness to determine that the
rooms are equipped with proper materials (pens, pads, handouts,
event packages, etc.).
- Refreshes rooms between meetings.
- Provides prompt and detailed service as scheduled by management
or by request.
- Maintains consistent phone and email communication with
clients, guests, team members, and support departments.
- Offers assistance to clients and visitors throughout the
building, including providing directions and escorting to
- Communicates with co-workers and service partners to ensure
updated information is shared.
- Provides recommendations to planning managers regarding
appropriate room setups. Collaborates to identify solutions for
unique setup challenges.
- Conducts weekly site inspections of meeting rooms and contacts
the necessary department if items require service.
- Assists with basic audio visual equipment, as needed.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies and notifies supervisors
when additional supplies are needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service or houseman/porter experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job
via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search
requisition ID number 780912.
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Miami , ATTENDANT, CONFERENCE SERVICES (On Call ) @ FIU South Campus, Other , MIAMI, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!