MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Plan audit to focus on higher risk areas based upon analytic
work done up front and communications with relevant parties.
Continually re-evaluate this assessment while in the field and
respond as appropriate. Identify procedural breakdowns and
contributes sound recommendations for improvements in controls,
operating efficiency and/or profit enhancement.
* Relate observed facts to causes within assigned audit areas
and develops a logical sequence of findings.
* Meet with business unit personnel to discuss initial findings,
verify facts, obtain explanations and explore improvement
* Prepare draft audit findings and opportunities in report
format and obtain and evaluate management's action plan in response
* Prepare thorough and organized work papers that provide a good
audit trail including tests and supporting documents.
* Keep current with technical and professional knowledge,
actively pursues new skills and knowledge to prepare for additional
* Assist with investigations of allegations of violations of the
Company's code of conduct
* Serve as a conduit for best business and accounting practices
among the business units
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting
* Two - four years audit experience in a "Big 4" public
accounting firm, *including prior experience with leading audit
engagements (whether as an Acting Senior or in a similar
* CPA designation or equivalent
* Ability to travel extensively
* Strong understanding of general business systems, practices
and control techniques.
* Ability to independently review, analyze and develop
recommendations in functional areas (e.g. accounting, finance,
engineering, marketing, etc) going beyond the pure execution of
audit program steps and draw conclusions as to management's
effectiveness in maintain a sound control environment. Identify any
impact on initial risk assessment profile based upon findings and
determine and carry out level of follow up work required to ensure
results are properly reflected in results submission to Group and
* Computer proficiency, including expertise with spreadsheets
and word processing software.
* Excellent communication skills including ability to
communicate effectively through personal discussions, oral
presentations and written reports.
Fortune 500 company that is expanding their internal audit
department in Miami
Paid Relocation and Competitive Base Salary