Sea Export Coordinator
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Kuehne+Nagel is looking for an experienced freight forwarding
professional to join our Sea Logistics team. If you are detail
oriented, a great problem solver, and enjoy providing excellent
customer service, this may be the role for you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of
Sea Export shipments such as, opening export files, production of
internal documentation, updating export statuses, assisting and
advising customers of Arrival, arranging deliveries, processing
invoices (including price conversions and verifying shipment weight
and volume), dealing with e-mail queries from Kuehne+Nagel Overseas
offices as well as ensuring that excellent standard of data
• Operational duties to include coordination with shippers,
truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of
• The complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up
or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of
lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration
and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and
tracing to final destination and data quality
• Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining
communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N
overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing
appropriate to the customer's needs.
• Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure
• Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer
profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract
rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
• Participate in quotes for overseas offices as requested.
• Review information published on K+N's Intranet system daily.
• Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies
to a supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch
• Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work
Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
• Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance
with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be
tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
• Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data
input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking &
• Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client
Your Skills and Experiences
• College a plus or equivalent experience
• Usually requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in
• Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years current work experience in
ocean freight forwarding.
• Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography
including countries, major cities, seaport.
• Basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FAA, FMC,
EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and PC
• Employee requires completion of IMO Security training
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Miami , Sea Export Coordinator, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!