Sea Logistics Export Intern
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Each internship will present a unique opportunity for the intern
to learn the field of Supply Chain/Logistics with hands-on work
experience. The knowledge obtained by the intern through immersing
themselves into the day to day activities of the company will be
invaluable experience as the intern advances their career.
Each internship will present a unique opportunity for the intern to
learn the field of Supply Chain/Logistics with hands-on work
• Operational duties to include coordination with shippers,
truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of
• The complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up
or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of
lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration
and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and
tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
• Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining
communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N
overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing
appropriate to the customer's needs.
• Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure
• Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer
profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract
rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
• Participate in quotes for overseas offices as requested.
• Review information published on K+N's Intranet system daily.
• Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies
to a supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
• Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work
Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
• Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance
with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be
tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
• Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data
input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking &
• Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client
Your Skills and Experiences
-Proficient with MS Office, Excel, and have the ability to quickly
learn other company specific programs.
-Must possess excellent organizational, communication, and
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Miami , Sea Logistics Export Intern, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!