Summary: The Intake Specialist serves as a
patient advocate and allows access to life changing care for
members of the community. Intake Specialists work within a
collaborative team including physicians, providers, other intake
specialists and many other members of a multidisciplinary team. The
Intake Specialist gains career experience to develop and progress
with a nationally recognized behavioral health leader.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is
Schedule: Remote Monday
- Friday 9:30a-6p
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate incoming telephone inquiries to determine needs and
offer a screening.
- Contact referents and/or family members to determine their
perspectives of the patient’s needs.
- Understand how to use Rogers Behavioral Health (RBH)contracted
insurance provider listing when making decisions regarding
admissions of potential patient.
- General knowledge of HIPAA and Emergency Medical Treatment and
Active Labor Act (EMTALA) and how it related to admissions.
- Knowledge of all Rogers programs and services and the ability
to explain to patients/families/referents.
- Demonstrate clear, accurate and timely use of case notes.
- Interview patients and/or responsible representatives to obtain
demographic and insurance information.
- Comply with needed metric collection to facilitate continuous
- Recognize cases that require involvement of Rogers outreach
services or that provide an opportunity for outreach services.
Cases referred by a Rogers’ physician for outpatient treatment
should be given to outreach for referrals.
- Explain insurance coverage to patients during the admission
process and answer related questions.
- Involve the Manager in cases that require special attention due
to the complex nature of the case.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate transfer to and from
- Develop working relationships with physicians to ensure an open
line of communication regarding patients care, utilization of
insurance benefits and criteria for authorization by third-party
- Communicate with members of the multi-disciplinary team, as
needed, regarding documentation and clinical criteria to assist
with reimbursement and third-party reviews and treatment
- Be available for on-call coverage as scheduled.
- Reviewer/Screener: A. Provide clear case summary to on-call
provider to provide recommendation for level of care.
- Screener: A. Provide accurate and complete clinical
documentation on screening to support decisions for appropriate
level of care for each patient.
- Registration/Program Coordinator: A. Meet with patient during
the admission process to educate him/her regarding the admissions
process and ensure a seamless transition to the appropriate
- Understanding of admissions paperwork and the ability to
explain all forms to patients/guardians.
- Obtain all signatures needed for admissions.
- Patient’s Rights.
- Consent for Treatment
- Consent for the Release of Information
- Distribute/Scan all documents required for admissions; ensuring
proper labels and make sure they are accurate and saved in
- Register patients in the Cerner system.
- Bed/Schedule/Program Coordinator:
- Coordinate admission with patient and/or responsible
representative to include admission information, directions, and
information about the program they will be entering.
- Communicate with respective units regarding scheduled
- Ensure efficient scheduling to maximize bed/slot capacity.
- Provide patient families with physician’s program
- Apply good practice principles to job duties.
- Work cooperatively and supportively with Hospital staff.
- Remain courteous and respectful to others during work
interactions and be willing to work out problems on a one-on-one
- Promote department goals and the Mission of Rogers Behavioral
Health. A. Communicate goals to fellow staff members.
- Educate new staff regarding regulations or requirements of
those functions that relate to their areas or departments, as
- Demonstrate acceptance and training of student interns in the
department, as directed.
- Demonstrate understanding of Joint Commission and
other regulatory agency compliance regulations.
- Involve self in the learning and application of standards
relevant to Admission Services.
- Participate in in-services, seminars, and other meetings to
increase involvement and awareness of regulations.
- Involve self in the education of other disciplines regarding
Admission Services’ regulations.
- Participate in the Rogers Operating System (ROS).
- Gain understanding of the RIS Process
- Participate on ROS teams that lead to improvement in other
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor's Degree or anticipated Bachelor’s Degree required
with graduation within 90 days of employment.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
- Valid driver license preferred and must be granted insurable
status by the Rogers insurance policy.
Preferred Job Skill Knowledge:
- Hospitality and customer service experience
- Experience and proficiency with various technology outlets,
including computer, software programs and sophisticated phone
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or
more per week.
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Based in Wisconsin since 1907, Rogers Behavioral Health is a
private, not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services and
is nationally recognized for its specialized psychiatry and
addiction services. Anchored by the main campus in Oconomowoc, WI,
Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for adults, children, and
adolescents with depression
and other mood disorders, eating
disorders, addiction, obsessive-compulsive
and anxiety disorders, and Trauma
Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient
facilities that serve southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers
outpatient services throughout the state of Wisconsin as well as in
California, Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and
The System also includes Rogers
Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient care,
programs, and research; and Rogers
In Health, an initiative that works to eliminate the stigma of
mental health challenges. For more information, visit www.rogersbh.org.