Sr. Credit Officer (CRE)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SUMMARY: Works with the Managing Sr Credit Officer and Credit
Products Officers to ensure safety and soundness of the bank's
lending activities in the assigned lending units. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and
special projects may be assigned.
- Exercises prudent credit judgment through individual loan
authority assigned by Credit Risk Management Committee, as approved
by the Board of Directors.
- Assists commercial lending officers and Credit Products
Officers in structuring loan transactions and approving credit
within assigned lending units.
- Helps to ensure safe and sound lending practices through
ongoing monitoring of the commercial loan portfolio within assigned
lending units and observance of market trends that may impact
credit quality. Works closely with senior managers of the assigned
lending units and the lending officers/portfolio managers of those
units to identify and mitigate risks in those portfolios.
- Participates in deal discussion meetings and exercises
individually assigned authorities in each setting.
- Evaluates and approves or declines policy exceptions and
modifications to existing loans, within individual loan
- Participates as a non-voting member of various credit risk
oversight committees of the Bank which administer the commercial
- Participates in outside calling efforts with both prospects and
- Credit policy and procedures oversight responsibility.
- Together with the Managing Senior Credit Officer, assists in
the updating of credit policy and procedures of the Bank by
drafting proposed changes, seeking consensus on the changes and
ultimately communicating any approved changes to commercial lending
units, senior management and credit risk oversight committees.
- Participates in projects as assigned by the Managing Senior
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Senior
- Travel to support other regions of the state is required. The
estimate is 10% to 20% of the time will be spent travelling, but
this may vary significantly from time to time. EDUCATION and/or
- Bachelor's Degreein business related field, or other acceptable
alternative field required
- 10+ Years of direct commercial lending experience in a diverse
lending setting required And
- 4-6 Years of supervisory authority either in a commercial line
lending environment or staff lending/credit unit required.
BankUnited is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
BankUnited does not discriminate against individuals on the basis
of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
Keywords: BankUnited, Miami , Sr. Credit Officer (CRE), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!