Infection Preventionist (Full Time, Day Shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionJob SummaryParticipates in planning, developing,
implementing and evaluating infection prevention processes and
systems across all NCHS inpatient and outpatient sites of care.
Advises and consults with leaders, clinical care teams, patients,
families and contracted staff on efforts to proactively identify
infection risks and appropriate evidenced-based best practice
strategies to assure safety for patients, visitors, providers and
Job Specific Duties
- Applies relevant knowledge, in assisting with provision of
infection prevention and control educational programs, and
materials to healthcare personnel, patients, families, and the
- Assists department to meet the needs of both internal and
- Responsible for maintaining records to meet potential legal &
regulatory requirements, including assuring accuracy & timeliness
of information entered into healthcare-associated infections
- Responsible for the appropriate placement or isolation of
patients with development/review of Infection Prevention/Control
policies and procedures as directed.
- Follows-up on patients, personnel, and visitors who have
communicable disease(s) and/or blood exposure within the
- Responsible for personal and professional growth and expertise
by remaining current with changing regulatory requirements,
changing trends, and participation in professional
- Documents in the medical records all communication with
physician, family or Public Health agency.
- Identifies patient care practices and procedures with specific
infection risk for patients and/or personnel.
- Maintains departmental files, records, and computer statistics
for healthcare associated infections and prepares information for
weekly departmental review.
- Maintains Public Health reporting system to ensure reporting of
- Participates in departmental and hospital-wide Performance
Improvement activities, as directed.
- Performs facility defined surveillance for presence of
healthcare-associated infections in designated patient populations
using hospital computer systems to retrieve, analyze, and organize
- Submits written report on all surveillance activities and/or
investigations to Infection Prevention and Control Director and
- Reviews laboratory, microbiological reports and medical records
for evidence of infection.
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing, Public Health, Business, Public
administration, or related field (Required)
- Active Florida Med Tech license, active FL RN license, or 1-2
years of direct infection prevention experience
- 1-3 years Clinical hospital experience or quality improvement
experienceKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control
- Ability to apply principals of adult education.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret
technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office.
Primary Location :Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main
Department :INFECTION CONTROL-2100-861000
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , Infection Preventionist (Full Time, Day Shift), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!