Sr. Sponsored Programs Specialist - Pediatrics
Company: University of Miami
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Current Employees:If you are a current employee at the
University of Miami, please exit this website -and log into to
-apply using the internal application process. -To learn how to
apply for a faculty position using the Career worklet, please
review this -. -Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of
Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical
centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in
South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the
University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful
purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students,
patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The
University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where
everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value.
-Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility,
Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U
community works together to create an environment driven by
purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been
named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years,
and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.The
Department of Pediatrics has an exciting opportunity has an
exciting opportunity for a Full-time Sr. Sponsored Programs
Specialist - Pediatrics. The Senior Sponsored Programs Specialist
coordinates administrative and financial functions for the assigned
department. This position also oversees junior staff and takes on
the review of more complex grant activities in order to ensure
departmental compliance with applicable guidelines, rules, and
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to faculty and
administrators in the development and preparation of funding
- Responds to general inquiries regarding sponsored program
policies and procedures.
- Reviews grant applications to ensure accuracy.
- Accesses applicable database(s) to verify regulatory compliance
approvals before establishing of the project account.
- Maintains the internal proposal documents and electronic
records for assigned portfolio.
- Processes and disseminates various non-financial post-award
actions such as award notifications, amendments, and related
- Assists in the coordination of the project closeout.
- Coordinates with faculty on possible need for budget revisions
to be consistent with award amount as received.
- Reviews award terms and conditions and discusses flagged items
- Oversees all audits and bank reconciliations of petty cash
- Monitors sponsored programs subcontracting activity.
- Submits to accounts payable all received and endorsed invoices
and tracks timely payments by that unit.This list of duties and
responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be
expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure
while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative
environment.Any appropriate combination of relevant education,
experience and/or certifications may be considered.The University
of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package including medical, dental, tuition remission and
more.UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's
only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient
care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education
at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.Patient safety is a top
priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season
(September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of
Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to
patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where
patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care
areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet
this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of
employment.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are
protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected
by Federal law. Click for additional information.Job Status:Full
timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105
Keywords: University of Miami, Miami , Sr. Sponsored Programs Specialist - Pediatrics, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!