Company: Interim HealthCare - West Palm Beach, FL
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:We are looking for a
compassionate, attentive companion to care for and assist our
clients to ensure they lead safe, healthy lives. The companion will
provide emotional support as clients heal or cope with
disabilities, aging, sickness, or surgery. They will take care of
basic housekeeping, prepare meals, remind clients to take
medication, help clients engage in activities and social events,
and perform other tasks to help clients feel safe and supported.
You should have strong communication and planning skills and be
willing to meet the physical demands of the position and comply
with all safety, medical, and dietary directions.To be a successful
companion, you should be focused on providing the best possible
care and support for your clients. You should be sympathetic,
responsible, attentive, and detail-oriented.Essential
- Provides companionship and socialization activities to
- Perform incidental activities of daily living such as light
shopping and errands, preparing nutritious meals or snack, and
straightening up the patient/client's immediate environment.
- Utilize infection control measures such as universal standard
precautions, hand washing and personal protective equipment as
- Recognize, document and report change in patient/client
environment and safety to supervisor.
- Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and organize
- Attend mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provide
requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Perform tasks as assigned such as transporting to a doctor,
church, or visits to friends.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department. The Interim HealthCare Inc. Companion may
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedures or
attend to children.
- Reconcile bank statements, or endorse checks, or use any form
of the client's credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM). Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Graduate of companion training in states where required or
- Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification or similar life experience.Knowledge, Skills &
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency)
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient
- Other minimum requirements as defined by state law or
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid driver's
license as required by the organization's insurance carrier if
assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
- Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner
understood by most people.
- Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.
- Must have a Palm Beach county Caregivers Badge
- Valid Level II Background checkWorking Conditions & Physical
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist clients with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds in
order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that
may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - West Palm Beach, FL, Miami , Companion, Other , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!