Hospitality Intern (18+)
Company: Frost Science Volunteer
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionINTERNSHIP POSITIONPURPOSE: The Hospitality
Intern at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science (Frost
Science) will work alongside the Guest Experience Management team
to promote an inclusive environment for staff and guests. This
intern will also assist with the daily operations of the museum
such as group visits, floor operations, and providing exceptional
customer service to our guests and staff. The hospitality intern
will be responsible for creating and maintaining an Exhibit
Training Handbook and participate in staff on-boarding, training
timelines and procedures. This internship is intended to be
educational and will provide essential experience and skills to
anyone looking to enter into Hospitality/Business Management field
as a career. The intent is that the intern gains a better
understanding of a management role in a non-profit setting. The
ideal candidate will have a passion for or interest in guest
relations, hospitality and/or customer service.This internship
provides an opportunity to be exposed to the everyday operations of
the museum and be mentored by department leaders. Upon completion
of the internship, the intern should have a strong sense of what it
takes to run successful property operations, ensure guest
satisfaction and how to adhere to museum standards. Eligible
candidates must be enrolled in an academic program that will allow
them to receive credit for completing this position. Duration of
the position is based on the credit requirement. SALARY: Unpaid,
for academic credit.SKILLS AND OPPORTUNITIES GAINED:
- Leadership skills
- Staff development
- Create processes and procedures for interviewing and staff
- Day to day training with floor staff and well as long term
employee training and development
- A general knowledge of day to day operations of a major
- Understand non-profit operations KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate current training offerings and make updates as
- Build and maintain a handbook for all museum exhibits.
- Assist Management team in conducting staff trainings.
- Assist Guest Experience Team with floor operations including
group visits and special events.
- Attend and participate in necessary meetings.
- Develop and complete special projects as needed.
- Assist guests by answering general questions about Frost
- Perform other assigned tasks.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be actively enrolled in a college or university. Must have
a faculty advisor, or be enrolled in an internship program, to
verify the hours and provide educational credit for the
- Interest in Frost Science's mission.
- Background or strong interest in Hospitality/Customer Service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Reliable and punctual, must maintain good attendance.
- High level of professionalism and a positive attitude. Must
have the ability to work well with different personalities in a
- Performs well in environment that values creativity,
flexibility, enthusiasm, and adaptability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Creole) a plus.WORKING
CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work generally involves moving around the museum with potential
for light lifting (25lbs or less).
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Intern may need to complete internship hours from home. Intern
is responsible for securing their own computer/tablet and internet
connection. CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background clearance
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Credit Check
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19
vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless
applicant is eligible for an exemption pursuant to all applicable
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 in person hours a
Keywords: Frost Science Volunteer, Miami , Hospitality Intern (18+), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!