Associate - Open for Business
Company: The Miami Foundation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
THE FOUNDATION -The Miami Foundation builds the philanthropic,
civic, and leadership backbone for Greater Miami. Since 1967, the
Foundation has invested $485 million to strengthen our community
with partnerships and contributions from more than 1000 fundholders
and 35,000 donors. The Miami Foundation, which currently manages
over $350 million in assets, mobilizes donors, nonprofits, leaders,
and locals to set a bold vision for our community's future and to
invest in a stronger, more equitable, more resilient Greater Miami.
-POSITION DESCRIPTION -Miami Open for Business initiative is an
exciting new program hosted at The Miami Foundation to support
small, historically disadvantaged, minority business owners in
owning more of their businesses' assets, such as property,
equipment, and technology. This three-year initiative, funded by
Wells Fargo, is a major collaboration between local nonprofits,
small business support organizations, community development
financial institutions (CDFIs), and government partners. The Miami
Foundation team will play a backbone role in distributing funding
to small business support organizations that provide both financial
products and technical assistance (TA) programming to further asset
building.Reporting to the Economic Stability Director, the
Associate will play an integral role in supporting the
implementation, promotion, and evaluation of this initiative. This
includes supporting the Director with communications and outreach
to raise awareness about the program, awarding and managing grants
to external partners, and maintaining external partnerships with
implementation partners and consultants. This position is a
three-year grant funded role with potential to renew based on
future funding and initiative growth. -DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
-1-External Communications & Outreach
- Support the team in planning and executing meetings with
current and prospective community partners such as nonprofits,
CDFIs, and TA providers through regular meetings, emails, and phone
- Support the promotion of program grant opportunities by
copywriting and designing program flyers, website content, and
external reports, in collaboration with team and external
- Represent the Foundation at community events, virtually and in
person, to raise awareness and answer questions about grant
opportunities. -2-Program Operations and Grants Management
- Support processes related to the grantmaking life cycle,
including setting up grant applications, hosting office hours, and
responding to applicant and reviewer inquiries.
- Support grantee data collection and reporting processes,
including following up with grantees and/or visiting small
businesses to facilitate the evaluation vendor's access to impact
- Conduct research to compile quantitative and qualitative data
about Greater Miami and national benchmarks related to small
business and economic development trends. - -3-Partnership
- Support in the development, administration, and scoring of
Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to identify potential implementation
partners, in collaboration with team.
- Support the execution of memoranda of understanding (MOUs) and
program documentation (processes, data reporting procedures, FAQs,
etc.) with external implementation partners.
- Answer inbound inquiries from potential partners and support
team in assessing feasibility and fit. -This role requires
occasional availability outside of office hours for community
engagement opportunities as well as transportation across the
county for both events and partnership coordination. -POSITION
REQUIREMENTS -Essential Qualities
- Entrepreneurial spirit - A passion for building innovative
solutions from inception and developing the necessary processes and
partnerships for their continued success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - Exceptional
commitment to delivering the highest-quality customer service and
ability to work with diverse stakeholders. Excellent writing and
grammar skills and general communications abilities written and
- Strong project and time management skills - An adeptness at
using organizational methods and tools to manage multiple
workstreams with ease and effectiveness, while maximizing shared
visibility and accountability.
- Proactive and solution-oriented - An inclination to proactively
seek opportunities to maximize impact or overcome challenges.
Creative and resourceful in seeking or developing solutions.
- Robust commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion - A
dedication to deliberately and proactively engage and partner with
groups that are historically underrepresented. Passionately
believing that our strength as a community is rooted in our
diversity. -Minimum Qualifications -
- Associate Degree or equivalent work or life experiences.
- Experience working in a programmatic role in the
nonprofit/foundation, public/government, or education sectors in
Greater Miami for 2+ years.
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in a professional office
- Proficiency skills in the Microsoft Office suite, email,
project management platforms (e.g. Asana), internet research and/or
other tech tools.Desired Qualifications
- Experience supporting small businesses, including knowledge
about equitable access to capital and resources.
- Experience producing design products, including flyers,
templates, social media graphics, etc.
- Experience aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing data using
Microsoft Excel and/or Power BI.
- Experience collaborating with and elevating low-income or
marginalized communities. -
- Multilingual, written and oral, in Spanish and/or Haitian
Kreyol.This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. The Miami Foundation reserves the right to revise this
job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- Position available: Immediately
- Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
- Salary: $42,000 - $58,000, commensurate with experience and
- Location: Hybrid. Partially remote and partially in office or
in community, on a weekly basis -
- Please submit resume and cover letter to
email@example.com.We offer a comprehensive and generous
benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
insurance, a 403(b)-retirement plan, flex spending and dependent
care accounts, professional development stipend, paid time off,
cell phone stipend, and gym reimbursement.The Miami Foundation's
Anti-Discrimination Policy - The Miami Foundation shall not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
its activities or operations. These activities include but are not
limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers,
selection of vendors, and provision of services.The Miami
Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community.
We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of
all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally
marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply. -
Keywords: The Miami Foundation, Miami , Associate - Open for Business, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!