Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: August 8, 2022
General Purpose:Physical therapist assistants provide services
for treating impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or
changes in physical function under the direction and supervision of
a qualified physical therapist, and in accordance with accepted
standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation,
as well as Interim HealthCare policies and procedures and clinical
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Acts at the direction and under the supervision of the treating
physical therapist and in accordance with the plan of care.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Assists the treating physical therapist in documenting a
patient's progress and response to treatment.
- Completes and submits timely, legible, accurate, relevant and
sufficient documentation (written or electronic) addressing the
treatment and interventions provided, the patient's response to the
treatment and interventions, and the patient's progress toward
goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy
and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Counsels and educates the patient and the family, and other
caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established
goals and in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Supervises paraprofessional staff, as assigned.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Accesses personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. - Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Licensure, Minimum Education & Experience
- Current licensure, registration, or certification as a physical
therapist assistant, if applicable, in the state(s) in which he or
she will practice.
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a
PTA that is relevant to the patient population assigned
preferred.For Organizations That Must Meet the Medicare Conditions
of Participation:Refer to Addendum A of this job description for
additional qualifications.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient and use of equipment in providing
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living
facility, school or occupational setting.
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne
pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous materials and
situations that require following extensive safety precautions and
may include the use of protective equipment (e.g. face masks,
goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
- Able to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to constantly lift, reposition, and transfer patients
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying,
pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching,
bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching
and climbing stairs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Miami , Physical Therapist Assistant, Other , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!