Assistant Golf Professional
Company: The Club at Ibis
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionOur Purpose: We each have a job title, but that
is our function not our Purpose. Our Purpose is much bigger. It is
not bound by an organizational chart or department lines. Our
Purpose acts as our communal north star, guiding us collectively
towards a common goal, Whatever it Takes to Deliver The Ibis
Experience.Our Values: Our story of success begins with an internal
cultural of lateral service and acceptance. We have many voices,
many faces, and many backgrounds, which are united by a shared
vision. Our different perspectives and unique talents are balanced
by our common Purpose, our Core Values (the Core4), and a bold
commitment to service excellence.Integrity Belonging Innovation
Shared VisionSummaryThe position assists with daily golf
operations, including monitoring and tracking of play, protecting
and controlling assets, assisting with merchandising functions,
tournament functions, course set-up, proper and timely placement of
member tee time requests, along with other professional services to
ensure an exceptional golf experience. Provides world class
customer service to all members and guests. Trains in the
operations of the Golf Department.Essential Duties and
- Delivers The Ibis Experience for members and guests by
demonstrating the Ibis Common Purpose, Core4 (core values), and
Service Principles on a daily basis.
- Trains on the duties of the various operations of the Golf
Department; including retail/merchandising, tournaments, and
- Assists the Tournament and Retail Managers with tournament set
up, tournament pace of play and retail event set up.
- Anticipates needs, identifies potential problems and implements
solutions before the problem becomes an issue.
- Controls and manages play, ensures all Club policies and
procedures are adhered to on a daily basis. Enforces all Club rules
and regulations including the dress code.
- Provides tips to players to assist groups back into position
with a positive, service-oriented approach.
- Performs daily placement of tee time requests and implements
changes to tee sheets as needed via the Chelsea System. Provides
instruction to members in the proper use of the Chelsea
- Checks in golfers and collects appropriate fees. Accurately
performs opening and closing procedures at the start and end of
- Assists the Tournament Manager with the administrative set up
and wrap up of an event (Golf Genius, Credit Book, and Ghin).
- Actively pursues the requirements of PGA/LPGA membership and
maintains an active classification in The PGA of America and/or
- Oversees course set up and marking of facility prior to all
tournaments (tee box locations, hole locations, boundaries, food
and beverage, starting tents).
- Provides members and juniors golf instruction during
- Assists members and guests with merchandise questions. Provides
product knowledge of all golf shop merchandise. Communicates
ability to special order from all of our vendors.
- Attends meetings as advised, to obtain updated information
regarding the Golf Operations department.
- Advises supervisor of any member/guest complaints so they can
be immediately and professionally resolved.
- Promotes all Club activities and services, along with upcoming
- Maintains a clean, efficient work environment throughout the
entire golf operation.
- Provides members with club repair/grip service.
- Plays golf with members, as time permits.
- This position guide does not state or imply that the above are
the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any
other job-related duties as requested.CompetenciesTo perform the
job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.QualificationsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or
- PGA Member or PGA Associate and/or LPGA Member or LPGA
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.Language Skills Ability to
read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before groups of customers or employees of
organization.Mathematical Skills Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.Reasoning Ability
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Golf Department software (Chelsea, Jonas, Golf Genius, Credit
Book, and Ghin).
- Basic use of MS Office Suite Certificates, Licenses,
- Valid Driver's License.Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the game of golf.
- Attend Golf Etiquette Course.
- Ability to keep detailed records regarding start times and pace
of play.Other Qualifications
- Demonstrates and upholds the Ibis Common Purpose, Core Values,
and Service Principles.
- High level of demonstrated integrity and ethical
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and appearance; acting as
an ambassador of the Club, on and off property.
- Highly organized and self-directed.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reliable and punctual. Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to
10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with occasional
lifting of 100lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.Work EnvironmentThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is
frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts;
fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of
electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: The Club at Ibis, Miami , Assistant Golf Professional, Other , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!