Rooms Coordinator (Full-time) - InterContinental Miami Downtown
Posted on: September 23, 2022
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great
pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental - brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our
passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us
to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a
richer perspective on the world.At InterContinental Hotels &
Resorts - we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In
the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests'
needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and
showing your style to create moments that make people feel
special.A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the
InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations,
convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne
Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a
well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE
GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES
of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As the Rooms Coordinator you will coordinate the reservations, room
blocks and contracts for large groups. Maintain group blocks, enter
and manage rooming lists and reservations in system.
Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional
manner; process all payments according to established
procedures.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner, including
incoming reservation calls
- Assist with FIT/Wholesale reservations; Handle airline crew
- Assign rooms for IHG One Platinum and Diamond members
- Maintain group blocks; audit turnovers, enter and manage
rooming list, create booking links via Passkey, maintain group
- Respond to guests via email and third-party extranets;
Expeida.com and Booking.com
- Run all deposits on future reservations and contact guests for
invalid credit cards
- Process and handle refund or postings of cancelled
- Review arrival summary to ensure IHG One Rewards and VIP
reservations are setup properly
- Prepare for each group's arrival, prepare group history,
billing information, deposits, filing, VIP information,
correspondence, etc.; interact with booking contacts as needed.
Correctly record group rooms and revenue in the property management
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations
received by phone, fax, e-mail, mail, internally and through travel
planners/corporations. Enter and/or modify group block in system to
ensure inventory, stay dates, cancellation policy, deposit
requirement, and booking procedure are reflected correctly.
- Maintain accurate filing system for groups and ensure that each
group block is traced.
- Create and update group block notes to provide relevant data
pertaining to all group reservations, and coordinate with other
departments as needed to provide group reservation information and
group needs as specified in contract.
- Provide and maintain reports and records of all groups during
stay and after departure, and follow up on any group
- Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions,
current facilities, services, hours of operation, etc.
- Attend pre-meeting planning meetings or conferences as needed
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel
services and room location.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in
accordance with established procedures including but not limited to
posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports,
preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to
management that may require additional monitoring or
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate
service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest
- Promote team work and quality service through daily
communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as running daily reports,
e.g. the cancellations, bookings, or arrivals reports, concierge
services, special guest requests, etc..
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience as a
reservationist, front desk agent, or relevant field of work, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. Some college
preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages
preferred.This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Speak and listening usually while sitting
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and
reservations systems, etc.
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds; Handling
objects, products and computer equipmentOther:
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized
- Computer skills are required; Basic mathematical abilities are
- Knowledge of hotel operations preferred
- Expert knowledge of Opera and Passkey reservation systems
- Strong knowledge of reservations and group reservations process
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills, reasoning,
motivating and training abilities are often used.
- Effective communications skills are utilized a significant
amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reviewing
and processing guest reservations or daily reports.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.Work
Area: Reservations Office & Front Desk
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits
package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision,
disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide
variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great
team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be
yourself.IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/
Job Reference: USA24807
Keywords: IHG, Miami , Rooms Coordinator (Full-time) - InterContinental Miami Downtown, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!