Company: Viking River Cruises
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel
company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great
lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused
experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250
awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1
Ocean Cruise Line by Cond-- Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021
Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and
fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated
Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious
ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi .
Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart
of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you
will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that
stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a
Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides
up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses
covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel
to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to
save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality
positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a
close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form
lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training
from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge
and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for
advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey,
Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Stateroom Steward/ess provides Guests with a professional,
personalized housekeeping service at all times. This includes, but
is not limited to, maintaining high standards and consistency of
cleanliness of the Guest staterooms while providing our Guests with
outstanding customer service.
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented
service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business,
which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the
- Twice daily cleaning of 15 - 20 staterooms, which includes making
beds, vacuuming & dusting, cleaning of stateroom verandas,
bathrooms, toilets, windows & mirrors, replenishing linens, towels
and room amenities.
- Ensure the general maintenance of staterooms, and report all
deficiencies for repair and maintenance using the Shipboard
Reporting Systems; replace Stateroom glassware & coffee
- Ensure the confidentiality & security of all Guest staterooms and
be competent in handling Guests complaints.
- Make ice deliveries and provide a laundry pick-up & delivery and
shoeshine service for Guests.
- Correctly handle cleaning products, materials and housekeeping
equipment, separate & remove garbage and place it in designated
containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring that
separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are
- Participate in luggage duty on embarkation & disembarkation
- Participate in "The Daily Reunion" every day to understand your
team's operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to
Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and service to Guests and
consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and
hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking's STAR Service Standards
- Public Health Policies; proactively prepare service according to
Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day activities &
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard.
Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying
with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and
protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to
prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different
times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do
attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore
excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and
objectives (quality and financial) for the Housekeeping
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can
operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety &
Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard
training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises
as required by the company.
- Manage the stateroom minibars during each cruise, as required by
the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist in other departments and/or perform additional duties,
upon instruction from supervisors.
Keywords: Viking River Cruises, Miami , Stateroom Steward, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!