Customs Brokerage Specialist - Hybrid
Company: Vaco Technology
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Customs Brokerage Specialist - HybridLong term contract 24/hr.
Miami, Florida (Hybrid)QUALIFICATIONS:Required
- Three (3) years of entry writing and/ or brokerage operation
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of the HTSUS
- Knowledge of FDA/OGA process.
- In-depth understanding of U.S. import process.
- Intermediate Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word,
Excel & Outlook, ABI).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work for extended hours and on weekends.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver a high
level of customer service.
- Detail-oriented, organized and the ability to effectively
manage multiple priorities.Preferred
- Experience using DESCARTES software.
- Licensed Customs Broker.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Primary
- Classify import items and notify Customs to determine
appropriate import duties
- Train and advise team members in areas of Customs regulations,
classification and valuation
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all areas of US Customs
regulations, including customs clearance processes, classification
and valuation. Perform regular review of trade publications
- Maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation
for management audit and record retention.
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex import
transactions and entries for an assigned base of accounts,
including the classification and valuation of goods
- Process documents through the Company's ABI system, obtaining
Customs release and other government agency releases as
appropriate. Arrange both delivery and the invoicing of the import
account for services rendered
- Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for
information for clients and any other government agency, and other
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping
- Communicate with clients, coworkers, and supervisors in a
clear, concise, and timely manner
- Provide excellent and timely customer service, under the
limited supervision and advice of the department Supervisor or
Manager, by proactively informing clients of the status of
shipments and referring clients to a higher-level authority when
questions are beyond scope of responsibility
- May identify transactions and tasks that require special
handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement
resolutions within the assigned scope of responsibility
- May provide input on team performance as assigned
- May be required to provide systems training for new employees,
on-site at the branchSecondary
- Assist Management with written procedures, SOP as assigned, for
handling each account served by the team, including billing,
classifications, valuation rules, schedule of fees, Customs
correspondence, post-entry process, and any other related
- Assist Management to compile documentation for Customs packets
as required by Customs.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Miami , Customs Brokerage Specialist - Hybrid, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!