Company: Tommy Bahama
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Position/Business Title: Effective Date: *
Sales Associate 7/29/09
*Job Profile Title (for HR use only): Work Location: *
Full Time or Part Time Hours Non-Exempt:
*Reports to (Position Title): Division: * *(for HR use only) *
Retail Store Manager Retail Operations *Job Family: *
*Job Level: *
The following job description contains representative examples of
work that will be performed in positions allocated to this
classification. It is not required that any position perform all of
the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are
consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities
can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions
and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the
individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to
perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are
*I. PURPOSE OF POSITION *
*Take responsibility for achieving individual and team sales goals.
Enhance the guest's experience by providing prompt, friendly,
knowledgeable, and professional service that supports Tommy
Bahamas' Retail Mission Statement, Core Values and Service
Excellence techniques. *
*II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS *
* Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized
offer to help with their shopping needs.
* Assess the needs of guests by asking open-ended questions and
provide the appropriate level of service and expertise using the
answers to those questions.
* Learn about and apply guest likes, dislikes, color preferences,
and attitude to best meet and exceed their shopping needs.
* Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on
guest needs and desires.
* Learn, reference and apply product knowledge information obtained
from various sources such as co-workers, seasonal buy strategy and
visual documents, company Intranet, product labels, and Product
* Embrace brand direction by providing product knowledge and
fashion direction with guests on a daily basis.
* Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing
the season's trends and key items for the business.
* Maintain current knowledge of tommybahama.com, marketing
programs, images, and media plans.
* Prepare fitting rooms for guests; keep fitting rooms clean and
free of merchandise when not in use, escort guests to the fitting
room and neatly present guest's selected merchandise in the fitting
* Provide ongoing guest service while the guest is trying on
merchandise (e.g. fit, fashion and wardrobing advice, suggest
add-ons, promptly remove unwanted items from the fitting room for
the guest, etc.)
* Proactively seek opportunities to up sell and add-on additional
merchandise, further enhancing the guest's shopping experience.
* Anticipate and overcome guest objections to purchasing
* Meet and exceed sales and service performance goals set by store
management team members including but not limited to individual
sales, units per transaction (UPT,) dollars per transaction
(DPT,) etc.Build lasting relationships ("clientele") with guests by
contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise,
and remind them of upcoming events.
* Accurately and efficiently facilitate guest purchase and return
* Maintain proper banking and media accountabilities at POS while
following all "Banking" and
"Cash Wrap" policies and procedures.
* Capture and/or verify guest contact information in GRM database
* Watch for and recognize loss prevention situations and know how
to prevent and handle these situations using outstanding guest
service and "Loss Prevention" policies and procedures.
* Maintain a clean and safe environment for team members and
* Follow Retail Operations policies and procedures.
* Actively participate in all store-related meetings and trainings,
and apply learned skills on the job.
* Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
* Participate in executing visual merchandising philosophies,
cleaning and upkeep of physical store at the direction of store
management. Assisting guests should always come first.
* Embrace, articulate, and reflect the PARADISE Core Values.
* Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama PARADISE Core Values in all business
decisions and actions.
* Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the
*III. POSITION DIMENSIONS *
*Scope, Complexity and Autonomy *
Possesses engaging, upbeat, assertive, resilient, and hospitable
attitude. Team oriented, goal oriented, respectful, and
*Decision-Making Authority and Judgment *
Use common sense and do what's right for the guest.
*Supervision Exercised *
*Principal Relationships/Key Contacts *
*IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS *
*Education and Certifications *
* 2 years guest service and sales experience preferred
* Retail apparel experience preferred
* High school diploma or GED required
*Experience and Skills *
* Strong sales and service skills, strong interpersonal skills,
verbal communication skills, listening skills, ability to
multi-task, time management skills, organization skills, basic math
skills, cash handling/transaction skills, and ability to set and
*Special Considerations *
Lift and or move up to approximately 50 lbs. frequently or
Bending/stooping/kneeling required frequently or occasionally
Oxford Industries - Confidential 2
Twisting required frequently or occasionally
Routine standing of approximately 8 hours per day.
Maneuvering the following types of equipment or machinery: Must be
able to climb ladders and stairs as needed
Travel approximately 20%
Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
*FOR HUMAN RESOURCES USE ONLY: *
Date Description Received: Date of Evaluation:
Non-exempt: EEO-1 Code:
Job Family: Job Level: Job Code:
Sarbanes-Oxley Position: Comments/ Notes:
Oxford Industries - Confidential 3
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Tommy Bahama, Miami , Sales Associate, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!