Miami Dade Lead Organizer
Company: Florida Rising
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Miami Dade Lead Organizer*
Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Reports to: Regional Director
Florida Rising is an independent political organization bringing
together Black and Brown communities to seize power and govern to
advance social, economic, and racial justice across Florida.
Florida Rising is seeking an experienced Organizer who wants to
build and strengthen the base in marginalized communities in
Counties across Florida. The Lead Organizer is responsible for
leading plans to engage constituents in Florida Rising activities,
events, trainings, and capacity building. The incumbent will assist
in implementing and managing the Florida Rising organizing model
centered on the development of grassroots leaders. This position
reports to the Regional Director.
* Leadership Development of grassroots leaders and members on a
variety of organizing topics including: member recruitment,
facilitation and public speaking, issue analysis, and campaign
strategy, as well as working closely with Regional Director to
develop strategies and a vision to strengthen the work being done
in the region
* Direct Action Campaign Development including: articulating and
implementing campaign scenarios and plans into field tactics for
team of organizers and supporting the development of organizing
tools such as pledge cards, surveys, and raps in alignment with
campaign and organizing plans; participating in campaign-related
* Staff Supervision and Management including: supervisory
responsibility for a team of Community Organizers, evaluating
organizer team weekly work, membership recruitment efforts,
tracking organizer work, assisting other organizers, planning and
leading some organizer team meetings
* Staff Development including: train new organizers on organizing
model, assist in the planning of skills development for Organizer,
assist tracking of work plans, and support cross-component
collaboration through small group leadership, agenda-setting and
* Continuously update and maintain data related to membership,
training and campaigns
* Organize and facilitate forums to recruit Florida Rising leaders,
activists, members and volunteers.
* Build a base of grassroots leaders in support of member led
campaigns, including young people, parents, allies etc. Identify
and cultivate potential Florida Rising members.
* Facilitate trainings and leadership development sessions for
campaign activists and leaders.
* Develop awareness and activism on policy issues and politics
* Supervise and coordinate organizers and member-led field
* Represent Florida Rising and its grassroots leaders in forums,
public meetings, and community coalition, develop & maintain
relationships with partner organizations, allies and community
* Identify leaders and move them to community actions.
Qualifications and Experience:
* The ideal candidate is a seasoned organizer, a strategic campaign
planner, and an experienced staff manager and a leader with
grassroots, labor, and/or political organizing experience.
* Applicant must share a commitment to the organization's mission
and have at least 2 (two) years of experience in community
organizing and training.
* Strong track record of winning concrete campaign victories,
mobilizing large numbers of people into action and building
* Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage
* Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to
goals of the organization.
* Ability to interact with and understand persons of various
social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
* Ability to problem solve with regional organizers to ensure
effective organizing teams
* Ability to work well as part of a team and contribute to our
diverse, community-based organization.
* Must be detail-oriented, punctual and able to meet deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package
including health insurance, vacation, and sabbatical for full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,500.00 - $64,890.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Miami, FL 33161: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Did a Florida Rising employee encourage you to apply? If so,
* Do you have a personal or professional relationship with an
Florida Rising employee that may provide a reference?
* Are you English/ Spanish bilingual?
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Florida Rising, Miami , Miami Dade Lead Organizer, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!