FDC-ACADEMIC PALM RE-ENTRY CENTER
Posted on: November 26, 2022
FDC-ACADEMIC TEACHER-70046652-SAGO PALM RE-ENTRY CENTER Date:
Nov 20, 2022 Location: PAHOKEE, FL, US, 33476 The State Personnel
System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our
.Requisition No: 721484 Agency: Department of CorrectionsWorking
Title: FDC-ACADEMIC TEACHER-70046652-SAGO PALM RE-ENTRY
CENTERPosition Number: 70046652 Salary: $41,000.18 - $43,000.10
Posting Closing Date: 11/28/2022 * OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT*
Academic Teacher 70046652 This advertisement is for a Career
Service position located at Sago Palm Re-Entry Center in the
Education Department. Salary Rate:
- $41,000.18 prior to obtaining Professional Teaching
- $43,000.10 with active Professional Teaching Certificate.
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent in this position
is responsible for teaching the assigned vocational subject(s) to
students at a correctional institution/facility. Duties include but
will not be limited to the following:
- Plans, develops and conducts classes in the assigned
subject(s). Utilizes various teaching techniques and activities to
assist students with their educational advancement. Responsible for
the supervision of inmates assigned to the class. Conducts roll
calls, counts and maintaining attendance records. Ensures that
order and discipline, tool control, and safety are maintained in
the classroom and/or shop.
- Continually evaluates students and makes determinations as to
overall progress. Administers grades and evaluates tests.
- Counsels and advises individuals regarding their program
progress, behavior or personal concern.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops to
identify needed curriculum changes and to facilitate professional
- Assists in budget preparation and processing purchase requests
for the education program. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of a vocational
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of curriculum
development including special needs.
- Skill in operating necessary equipment specific to the
- Ability to teach vocational courses to individuals in a group
- Ability to develop appropriate curriculums.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules regulations,
policies and procedures relating to vocation instruction.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Please note, when submitting a
college/university degree, if selected for this position official
transcripts will be required.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university;
- Possess or be eligible to apply for a State of Florida
- SPECIAL NOTE: Non-certified applicants must obtain a State of
Florida Educators Certificate within 12 months of hire. State of
Florida Educators Professional Certificate must be obtained prior
to the expiration of Temporary Certificate. Support of knowledge,
skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in
the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the
interview and/or during reference checks. If you are interested in
this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have
the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a
State of Florida Application and resume through the People First
system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call
the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287. Applications
will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date. The State of
Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the
workplace.Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as
defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the
agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center
(1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made
in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the
accommodation.The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace.
All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in
accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace
Act.VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,
candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference
in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to
apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers
for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming
Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each
submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form
214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required
by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference
documentation requirements are available by clickinghere
(http://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/97612/566545) . All
documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market:Palm BeachNearest Secondary Market:Miami
Keywords: MyFlorida, Miami , FDC-ACADEMIC PALM RE-ENTRY CENTER, Other , Pahokee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!