IT Support Specialist - Remote (West Palm Beach)
Company: Children's Home Society of Florida
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right
services and solutions to address the needs of children and
families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works
with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With
innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team
throughout the state, we're changing the face of foster care and
positively impacting children and families' lives for generations
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving
Florida's children and families!
The IT Support Specialist will provide second level technical
support to the end user of the agency's computer and equipment,
including software, hardware. The position will also provide direct
support to divisional management teams for planning and contract
and proposal support. Overall, the IT Support Specialist
contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our
values and providing quality results that position CHS as the
leader in delivering proactive behavioral health, case management,
community and early childhood solutions for children and
WHY JOIN CHS?
* Uplifting mission-driven work culture
* Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's
* Growth and professional development opportunities
* Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and
Primary Job Functions
1. To proactively monitor and provide direct end user hardware and
software support to all end users.
* Document and follow up with hardware and software issues.
* Troubleshoot technology problems according to escalation
* Maintain hardware and software inventory.
* Configure and distribute hardware.
* Assist in testing new hardware and software prior to
* Stay abreast of new technologies.
* Document software license compliance.
* Install/upgrade operating system and standard workstation
* Provide technology training and user assistance.
2. Actively support the day-to-day IT Operations in assigned
* Work with the ED and management team to support the day-to-day IT
operations in assigned divisions.
* Assist in the selection, contract negotiation, installation, and
support of the division's IT resources including hardware, software
* Provide project management for assigned divisional technology
* Monitor compliance with CHS IT standards and policies.
* Oversee division's compliance with security policies for data and
* With Quality Management, oversee that contract and outcome
reporting tools are consistently maintained throughout the
divisions and meet statewide standards.
* Assist in developing Quality Management measures for information
* Provide new staff orientation on IT procedures.
* Provide telecommunications support.
* Assist in the development of IT documentation.
* Provide training and consultation for the Title IVE population
staff as defined, monitored and evaluated by the CHS Learning
3. Contribute to a positive, engaging work environment.
* Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on job-related
issues and trends.
* Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and
education, as well as the quality process.
* Comply with CHS's code of conduct, policies, procedures and other
* Assist with training other team members and providing back up
* Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned
from time to time.
* Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond values in the performance of all
Education, Licenses & Certifications:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent, required.
* Advanced technical certification in Microsoft or networking
* Bachelor's degree in an IT related field, preferred.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
* Three years of experience providing end user technical support ,
* One year experience supporting LAN / WAN technologies, Microsoft
Windows, and Microsoft Office, required.
* Latest versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
Skills and Proficiency in:
* Planning, project management, organization and time
* Oral and written communication, including presentation and
* Collaboration, teamwork, consulting, facilitation, coaching and
* Computer systems and MS Office, including Word, Excel and
* Perform at a high level of autonomy, with general
* Perform under strong demands in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes
* Commit to providing high customer satisfaction with positive
service delivery results.
* Meet critical deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail,
accuracy and quality.
* Handle highly stressful, sensitive situations; maintain
confidentiality and professional boundaries.
* Demonstrate the behaviors of our CHS Common Bond Values.
* Be energetic, passionate and adaptable with a deep commitment to
social service, empathy for children and families and a positive
approach to embracing and managing change.
This position will be h
Keywords: Children's Home Society of Florida, Miami , IT Support Specialist - Remote (West Palm Beach), Other , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!