Business Banker - Miami
Company: BankUnited Financial Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) is a national bank headquartered in Miami
Lakes, Florida with banking centers in Florida, the New York
metropolitan area, Dallas and Atlanta. BankUnited has two
subsidiaries, Pinnacle Public Finance headquartered in Scottsdale,
Arizona and Bridge Funding Group headquartered in Hunt Valley,
Maryland. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and
collaborative culture encompassing the best minds, the brightest
talent and the boldest decision makers.
BankUnited is ranked #4 as one of America's Most Trusted Companies
in the Banking industry and is honored to have been included on the
Newsweek and Statista America's Most Trusted Companies Award
At BankUnited, we foster a diverse and inclusive environment where
all employees have the opportunity to advance, grow and achieve
their goals. Our rally cry is to GO FOR MORE, a call to action to
go above and beyond to provide the best customer experience to
every client and to GO FOR MORE in your career.
Working for BankUnited offers you exciting challenges and
opportunities to advance your professional development, while
empowering you to deliver and be your best. We are happy to report
the average tenure according to LinkedIn insights is 8.3 years. We
strive to provide a competitive benefits plan to our employees and
are proud to have been ranked #13 as one of the 2021 Healthiest 100
Wokplaces in America by Springbuk and awarded HEALTHIEST EMPLOYER
by the South Florida Business Journal for three consecutive years
As a company, we believe we are only as successful as our people
and are committed to providing training and innovative resources
that prepare you to reach your full potential. That's why in
addition to tuition reimbursement, we provide our employees with
exciting career coaching, courses and training through our own GO
FOR MORE Academy and mentoring opportunities through our iCARE
(Inclusive Community of Advocacy, Respect and Equality)
At BankUnited, we strive to provide our employees with a work life
balance. Specifically, retail branches operate 5 days a week Monday
- Friday, excluding evening and/or weekend hours. For many of our
positions, we offer a hybrid work environment, as well as a remote
work environment for designated positions.
If you thrive in a fast-paced collaborative work environment, Apply
Now and start your journey with BankUnited today!
SUMMARY: The Business Banker is primarily responsible for the
overall success and revenue growth of their assigned book of
business and sales territory, with a focus on new client
acquisition. This is an outside sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Originates and grows a portfolio of business (credit and
depository) relationships to achieve stated individual goals.
* Develops and manages relationships with business owners and other
decision makers by learning about the operation, growth factors and
challenges the business faces.
* Retain and achieve revenue growth of the existing book of
business by providing continuous financial advice and maintaining
profitable relationships through securing suitable credit, deposit,
and treasury products.
* Demonstrates proficiency in initiating the client credit
application process through high-impact prospect calls and prompt &
complete financial data collection from prospective clients.
* Possesses proficient knowledge of BankUnited credit policy, as
well as credit and non-credit products the organization offers to
prospective and existing clients.
* Achieves client and prospective client calling objectives.
* Utilizes bank contact management system to retain prospective
client names and records, as well as standard bank templates (such
as term sheet template).
* Attends and actively participates in regularly scheduled division
meetings and on-going training.
* Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure full
"cross-sale" penetration of client relationship.
* Adheres to and complies with applicable, federal and state laws,
regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money
laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.).
* Adheres to Bank policies and procedures and completes required
* Identifies and reports suspicious activity.
Bachelor's Degreeor equivalent experience required
* 5 years related banking sales experience and credit
* equivalent combination of education and experience required
* Strong outside sales/cold calling experience required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Licensed Real Estate Agent preferred Or
* Notary License preferred
Keywords: BankUnited Financial Corporation, Miami , Business Banker - Miami, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!