Commercial Construction Estimator
Posted on: January 25, 2023
One of the areas top Design Build General Contractors is looking
for an experienced Estimator to join their team. This award-winning
firm has been building relationships in south Florida for almost 40
years. Employees can expect a family first culture with exceptional
career opportunities, lucrative compensation with benefits,
retirement, and a challenging career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create proposals for both simple and complex Request for
- Review and comment on all phases of construction documents to
incorporate standards during the document development process.
- Receive and evaluate quotes for applicable scopes and alignment
with bid documents.
- Ability to provide pricing based on conceptual plans.
- Qualify vendor proposals to ascertain scope duplication and/or
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with client and
vendor base and assist in maintaining contact and relationship
records of those clients and vendors.
- Work, communicate and negotiate directly with vendors.
- Work with consultants to develop specifications for new
projects, rehabilitation projects, and retrofits.
- Maintain a record of historical costs for use in developing
preliminary cost estimates for projects.
- Directly prepare detailed quantity take-offs, and assign
market-relevant cost factors to fully articulate preliminary/final
construction cost estimates.
- Collaborate with the Pre-Construction team to fulfill project
goals by negotiating/awarding projects to vendors (demonstrating
proficient creativity, conflict resolution, and negotiating
- Draft/Negotiate written Scopes of Work for Subcontractors and
Material Suppliers to establish clear expectations.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be
necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
- Knowledge of building codes that are applicable to the scope of
- Strong technical expertise in all aspects of building
construction, including all general trades, plumbing trades,
mechanical trades, and electrical trades, with an emphasis on
energy efficiency and lean construction techniques.
- High level of attention to detail and cost analysis.
- Excellent ability to read & interpret blueprints and
- Proficient use of computer and estimating software.
- Knowledge about means, methods, and materials used in
Commercial construction to determine the most cost-effective type
of construction for a project.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must communicate well (written, verbal, and electronically)
with clients, all levels of company staff, subcontracted vendors,
and design professionals.
- Team Player
- Exceptional knowledge of building products, construction
details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Estimating experience with commercial projects.
- Degree in Construction Preferred
- 5+ years Estimating experience
- Exceptional Pay Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Insurance
- Work/Life Balance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: Gpac, Miami , Commercial Construction Estimator, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!