Patient Services Associate
Company: MEDNAX Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Patient Service Associate is responsible to ensure smooth
clinic, patient and billing flow by greeting and directing patients
to their various appointments, preparing the daily clinic schedule
and updating the physicians' schedules, maintaining patient files
and records, interfacing with the different corporate departments
and by receiving and directly patient questions to appropriate
people. Works as a team member to facilitate patient care and
optimize the revenue.
- Handle high volume incoming calls.
- Review the charts and insurance referrals/authorizations and
taking appropriate action to assure proper maximal
- To assist the physicians and/or administrators in all business
and patient care responsibilities.
- Coordinates office communication flow.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates
a caring attitude toward patients and their families.
- Greet, direct and assist large numbers of visitors and refers
visitors to various areas.
- Ensure all patient demographic and insurance
- Answer telephones using correct telephone etiquette at all
times, recording legible and complete messages, handling questions,
transferring incoming calls appropriately, contacting physicians,
insurance companies, hospitals, diagnostic facilities, billing
departments, etc--- as necessary.
- Review patient intake information to verify insurance
- Verify patient insurance information, call for insurance
authorization, patient address, telephone, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling new and follow up appointments
including patient testing.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an
individual's religious, ethical and moral opinions and
- Brings new ideas, positive attitude and lots of
- Responsible for maintaining and recording patient
- Identify and collect co-pays, deductibles and other
- Reconcile patient payments on a daily basis received to cash
box and receipt journal.
- Prepare billing sheets.
- Review all billings sheets to ensure they contain necessary
information needed to create a claim such as physician name and
number, patient name and number, insurance code, referring
physician and code, etc
- Direct billing inquiries to appropriate Regional
- Ensure the clinical staff submits all outpatient billing sheets
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Patient chart management, preparation, maintenance, filing,
copying, requesting records, etc---
- Provides assistance to other team members when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assures all charge tickets are accounted for and checked off
against patient sign in sheet and schedule for optimal
- Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to
all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies,
internal departments and coworkers.
- Daily review of charts on patients who have appointments for
the following day to verify that all appropriate referral and
authorization information has been received.
- Coordinate flow of insurance information with the clinic sites
and corporate office.
- Data entry of registration.
- Request insurance codes as needed.
- Maintain audit logs of billings.
- Reception desk and telephones as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years recent experience in a related position in a
medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize jobs duties and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work on many tasks at one time.
- Have superior customer service and verbal and written
- Strong computer knowledge; experience preferred.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, obstetrical and/or perinatal
coding, office billing forms, insurance and government payer
regulations and other third party billing requirements
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and attention to
detail capabilities. -
- Must be able to travel to satellite office during the week.
Mileage is reimbursable.
Keywords: MEDNAX Services, Inc., Miami , Patient Services Associate, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!