Parent Group Leader
Company: Family Central, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Family Central Inc. is looking for a Part-Time Parent Group
Leader in Miami-Dade who is Bilingual in English and Spanish. This
is a part-time position responsible for delivering parent education
curriculum to families in a group session following fidelity to the
model of the Incredible Years program. This position assists the
Lead Parent Group Leader in facilitating and overseeing daily
program logistics, ensuring that Parent Group Leaders are prepared
to successfully and safely lead groups.This Parent Group Leader
position pays $23.00/hour. You will be working in a great team
environment, with a positive work culture. If you have a passion
for teaching and ensuring children's success, look no further, we
have the right opportunity for you! We have multiple positions
available.ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE YEARS PROGRAMThis evidence-based
group parenting program targets families with a child/children ages
birth to three (0-3) and meets weekly to promote children's social,
emotional and language development and connects with children's
school community to improve social emotional learning and reduce
conduct problems.As a Parent Group Leader specific responsibilities
may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the Lead Parent Group Facilitator to coordinate
curriculum, prepare site and appropriately deliver group parent
- Use IY standard materials, methods, processes and protocols;
complete make-up sessions as needed.
- Communicates with Lead and Manager on a consistent basis; and
participate in supervision with Program Manager.
- Document all client contact and maintain accurate records for
contract compliance and outcome measures.
- Prepare court reports, status letters, or other reports to
referring agencies, as requested.
- Administer pre- and post- inventories, questionnaires, and
surveys to assess client progress and satisfaction, maintaining
contract compliance, as required.
- Assists with offering referrals to clients for linkage to
resources as needed.
- Assist with promoting community awareness of the IY program.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing direct service to
children and families. Experience in one of the helping professions
may count towards acceptable experience: social work, psychology,
education, nursing, and psychiatry; or have extensive experience
working with diverse families and children in a family support or
direct services role. Six (6) months experience in parent
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and
Saturday hours, as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred in order to meet the
needs of the population we serve. Must have excellent verbal and
written communication skills. Ability to read, write and
effectively communicate in English and Spanish.
- Must be familiar with services offered to families in Miami
Dade and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Must possess excellent organizational and case management
skills. Must have multi-tasking skills and be detail oriented;
ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Office
specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience working in a
- Must have transportation and be willing to visit clients in
their homes. Valid Permanent Florida Driver's License with full
access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
(proof of insurance is required).READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?If you feel
that you would be right for this position, please fill out our
initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to
meeting you!Family Central is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug
Keywords: Family Central, Inc., Miami , Parent Group Leader, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!