Company: Starr Companies
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Underwrite Technical Lines & Construction portfolio for Starr in
Latin America (Onshore Operational Property Insurance for Oil, Gas,
Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Power
Generation/Utilities, Process Industries, Mining, Steel, and Pulp &
Paper), Commercial Property, and Construction "All Risks"
- P rovide underwriting assistance for Technical Lines and
Construction risks elsewhere in the Latin America region, as may be
- Meet regularly with Insurance / Reinsurance brokers and Risk
Managers/Insureds. You will work to identify and develop business,
and provide insurance quotations to international brokers and
Starr's offices in Latin America, including the underwriting and
quotation proposals. This includes the
- underwriting assessment of risks within the underwriting
authority that may be delegated to you, and
- preparation of referrals on new and renewal business, and
- assessment and monitoring of natural catastrophe exposures
- arrangement of reinsurance as may be appropriate, and
- monitoring of the results on the accounts in your portfolio and
the taking of corrective measures if necessary. Among other
responsibilities, you will:
- Underwrite, analyze, and manage the Onshore Operational
Technical Lines & Construction Insurance portfolio assigned to you,
in accordance with Starr's risk appetite and guidelines.
- Assist and implement the Facultative and/or Treaty reinsurance
- Work with the local Starr offices in Latin America assigned to
you and the Technical Lines Regional Manager in Miami to prepare an
Annual Business Plan and Budget.
- Develop new business and renewal submissions for insurance and
inward reinsurance to create a well-balanced and profitable
Technical Lines & Construction Insurance portfolio.
- Provide underwriting assistance for Technical Lines &
Construction to Starr offices elsewhere in the Latin America
region, as may be necessary.
- Place facultative reinsurance following Home Office guidelines
as well as local regulations , as may be necessary.
- Work with other Starr Profit Center Managers for all Lines of
Business to develop cross-marketing opportunities.
- Create a list of target accounts and develop strategies to deal
with such business.
- Meet regularly with local Brokers and Risk Managers/Insureds,
including participation in 'road-shows'.
- Assist in the training and development of underwriting
assistants and junior underwriters.
- Assist Starr Offices worldwide in the local placement in Latin
America of multinational business. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent / Civil or Mechanical
Engineering an advantage
- More than 5 years of practical underwriting experience in
Technical Lines and Construction insurance / reinsurance.
- Practical experience of using Underwriting Rating tools and
methods, including Catastrophe Risk modelling and pricing
- Excellent knowledge of relevant policy wordings
- Extensive knowledge of the Latin America region and its
insurance/reinsurance markets for Technical Lines and
- Experience with the placement of Facultative Reinsurance for
- Good understanding of natural catastrophe exposures, especially
earthquake, windstorm, tsunami, and flood.
- Detail oriented; attention to quality/accuracy
- Ability to work largely unsupervised
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows efficiently
- Effective negotiation and management skills
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Full professional proficiency in English and
Spanish. Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel as may be required Except as
required by law, Starr requires all applicants and employees to be
fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC Guidelines. Starr Companies
is comprised of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and Starr Insurance
Holdings, Inc., and is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
citizenship, disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status
or any other characteristic protected by law. Starr Companies all
Keywords: Starr Companies, Miami , Senior Underwriter, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!