Posted on: January 27, 2023
Type: Perm / Onsite
SherlockTalent is seeking a Data Architect to expand the company's
use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and
objectives. The Data Architect will achieve this by strategically
designing, developing, and implementing data models for
enterprise-level applications and systems. These models shall be
architected at the following layers: conceptual, logical, business
area, and application. This individual will act as the primary
advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best
The Data Architect will also strategically design and implement
reporting/dashboard/BI software and systems, including integration
with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting,
blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out
reporting/BI solutions to end users. The Data Architect needs to
ensure high levels of reporting/BI availability through support
functions and in-depth testing. This role will be in charge of all
responsibilities associated with the company's four reporting/BI
functional areas: Data Acquisition, Information Asset Management,
Sales Analytics and Operational Analytics.
The Data Architect needs to deliver information and analytical
solutions to the company's key stakeholders through the design and
oversight of Operational Data Stores (ODS), automated Extraction,
Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes, an enterprise data
warehouse (EDW) system and department-specific Datamarts. The role
also entails the development of reporting-related service offerings
to expand the company's product mix and to help provide more value
to external partners and customers. The Data Architect will also
assist in gathering and defining the needs of key stakeholders as
they relate to information reporting, analysis and distribution.
Through the strategic use of information, this position will help
create competitive advantages for the company and its
internal/external clients. This role reports to the Chief
Information Officer (CIO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data
architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users,
department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Create solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall
data management roadmap.
- Establish processes for governing the identification,
collection, and use of corporate metadata.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality,
completeness and redundancy.
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage
requirements and feasibility studies.
- Work with IT Infrastructure to create strategies and plans for
data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure data collaboration for the success of enterprise-level
application rollouts (e.g. ERP, CRM).
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to select products or
services that best meet company goals.
- Assess and determine governance and frameworks for managing
data across the organization.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software,
applications, and systems to support data goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces,
and analytics to ensure data quality.
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for
all projects involving enterprise data.
- Act as a leader and advocate of data management.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create
testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance
of data architecture.
- Document the data architecture/environment in order to maintain
a current/accurate view of data picture.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration,
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education & Certification
- A Bachelor's Degree in the field of computer science,
information systems, or computer engineering is required. Advanced
degree (Masters or PhD) in Business, Mathematics, Statistics,
Finance or related field a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in a
directly related area during which both technical and management
capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
Knowledge & Experience
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience,
with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data
- Previous demonstrated ETL/EDW implementation experience is a
strong requirement for this role.
- Hands-on experience on the following products is a requirement
for this role:
- Microsoft PowerBI
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Expertise and/or demonstrated experience with other business
intelligence tools designing, reporting and delivering analytical
- Hands-on Tableau experience will be considered a strong
- Expertise and/or demonstrated experience with Microsoft
database technologies (SQL Server 2012/2016/2019), database design,
ERWIN, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, cubes and OLAP/OLTP
- Candidates will be tested on T-SQL programming skills.
- Experience with database design applications, entity
relationship diagrams (ERD) and data processing flowcharting
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining,
large-scale data modeling, and business requirements
- Demonstrated strong skills in research, analysis, data
management and data quality.
- Experience with and an understanding of a wide variety of
analytical processes. Experience with statistical methods and
regression analysis is a plus.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management
processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories,
principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data
modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and
data/information system life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Understanding of Web services (JSON, SOAP, XML, UDDI,
- Object oriented programming experience (.NET / C# preferred) is
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary, both local
and out-of-state (less than 10%).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects,
such as computers and peripherals.
A competitive salary structure including benefit package with
medical, dental, life, and long-term disability (LTD) insurance
along with 401K Savings Plan.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are
encouraged to apply. Currently, we are unable to sponsor.
Keywords: SherlockTalent, Miami , Data Architect, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!