FT Security Officer, Flex Shift, SLS LUX
Company: Morgans Hotel Group
Posted on: March 19, 2023
FT Security Officer, Flex Shift, SLS LUX
- Responsible for monitoring and patrolling assigned areas to
provide a safe environment for guests and employees
- Patrols the outside and inside perimeter of the property,
ensuring that reports are made to the Director of Security if there
is a potential safety issue
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities,
informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining
- Responsible for minimizing opportunities for loss or damage,
anticipating potential problems, reacting to disturbances and
- Responsible for responding to emergency situations as
- Will be responsible for preparing written reports
- Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate
- Perform first aid or CPR
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Remain in compliance with local, state, and federal
- Responsible for responding to emergency situations as needed to
provide necessary assistance to employees and guests
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire,
and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire
prevention, property patrol, traffic control, and accident
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may
require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for
each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various
related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to
provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking
voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate
actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations
and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the
team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel
and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience
and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate
unusual situations.To be aware of and ensure constant compliance
with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency ProceduresSUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONSIn addition to the
performance of the essential functions, this position may be
required to perform a combination of the following supportive
functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to
be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular
requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social
responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table,
and any departmental-specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing of confidential documents that contain any
personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire
Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe's policies and procedures.OTHER
DUTIESAssimilate into sbe's culture through understanding,
supporting, and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate
working knowledge of the service standards.Regular attendance in
conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe
from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of
this position.Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality
industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of the property. -
Keywords: Morgans Hotel Group, Miami , FT Security Officer, Flex Shift, SLS LUX, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...