Front Desk Supervisor
Company: BILTMORE HOTEL LIMITED
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Biltmore Hotel - Coral Gables, FL
2 Year Degree
Hospitality - Hotel
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for, but not limited to,
supervising the Front Desk Agents while overseeing the Front Desk.
As well as, providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service
to all guests during check in, throughout their stay, and at check
out, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. We are the first
and last impression for the hotel; our main function is to register
all guests into their rooms ensuring complete satisfaction with
their accommodations. Also, we check them out of their room making
sure their billing is accurate. This position requires consistent
adherence to policies and procedures of the department as outlined
in the Biltmore Standard Operating Procedures (BSOP'S).
- Provide leadership and support for Front Desk Agents and
ensures all agents are performing their job tasks to the
appropriate level of service.
- Present positive impression of establishment meeting grooming
standards, keeping an optimistic and positive attitude at all
- Assist Front Office managers with planning, developing and
conducting training for the front desk agents.
- Has current knowledge of the day's arrival and departures;
provide seamless check-in and checkout experiences for our guests
using the LQA standards.
- Monitors the Housekeeping statuses of the pending arrivals
including VIPs. Follow up on waiting rooms and stays on top of
guest's waiting times.
- Ensure that all signatures and initials are completed on the
guest registration card.
- Obtain Credit Card from guests and swipe into the computer
- Handle guest comments and concerns in a timely and appropriate
manor and complete a GIA report for guest concerns related to the
- Relay all guest comments and concerns to the FOM/AFOM to ensure
proper follow up.
- Proactively gather guest profile information.
- Act on guest profile information to completely delight our
- Reviews and signs off on agent's audits.
- Ensures Front Desk Agent tasks are performed on timely manner
and carried out appropriately.
- Supervises and controls meal periods.
- Protect privacy of guests and co-workers at all times.
- Possess a basic understanding of accounting.
- Provide the guests upon their request with an updated and
correct folio of their guest account.
- Investigate and dissolve disputed charges on guest's
- Handle and maintain a $500 bank to provide change to guests and
exchange Foreign Currency.
- Ensure open communication with the guest service staff to
communicate guest requests such as luggage requests for check in
and check outs
- Have knowledge of all groups and events in-house including
special requirements and billing arrangements.
- Have knowledge of room locations, room types, locations and
descriptions of all of our outlets.
- Run a credit limit report for all in-house guests and obtain
additional credit when needed. When additional credit is not able
to be obtained, follow up with the guests needs to be done for
another form of payment.
- Process and handle guest calls and outside calls.
- Cover overnight shifts as needed.
- Respond to reservation inquiries, take reservations, change,
cancel reservations when needed, and assessing the no-show and
cancellation fees when necessary.
- Keep Front Desk with sufficient stock of materials and
- Be attentive and ready during Pass-On shift meetings and ready
to take responsibility and ownership of issues presented.
- Operate simple office equipment, keeping it in working order,
if not in working order, notify manager and Systems department.
Experience and Education Required
- Education High School Diploma required.
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar guest service
position as a supervisor or manager.
Must be able to:
- Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and
- Prioritize and organize.
- Think clearly, remaining calm and resolving problems using good
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest's service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent
- Use a computer keyboard and possess basic typing skills.
- Possess moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Adept to multitasking.
- Team Player
- Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other
- Listens carefully and works well with other
- Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly
enjoys working with people.
- Guest Focused
- Anticipates guests' needs and is sensitive to people from all
- Has a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate
- Demonstrates confident, helpful and genuine behavior with
internal and external guests
- Delivers their Best
- Has energy and sense of urgency for his/her work
- Resourceful, makes things happen and looks for ways to work
- Always looks their best and acts appropriately (e.g.
approaching guests, body language, and eye contact)
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrates maturity and ability to cope with the
- Never lets personal feelings interfere with delivering the
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Excellent records of attendance and punctuality
- Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, honesty and
- Time Management
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time,
concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets
more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range
of activities. Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to
hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even
when he/she disagrees.
Keywords: BILTMORE HOTEL LIMITED, Miami , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...