Curriculum Support Specialist
Company: Excelon Associates
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Curriculum Support Specialist - Miami, FL
Our client is a progressive, independent institution that
prioritizes happiness, emotional intelligence, and mindfulness,
combined with a challenging curriculum. This curriculum includes
language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving,
creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to
learning, students and teachers have the opportunity to engage in
what they love across the curriculum through project- and
problem-based learning. The school's mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopmentThe curriculum philosophy
was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and
expectations of globally-minded families. The intention is to shape
future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but
who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a
better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
The school is seeking an energetic and creative Curriculum Support
Specialist to join its faculty for the 2022-2023 school year.
Applicants must be comfortable being in person on campus with
students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Plan, organize, and develop curriculum materials and present
in-service activities, workshops, and programs in designated
- Provide support services to the school through demonstration
lessons, parental involvement activities, and instructional
coaching to improve the classroom environment.
- Assist teachers in identifying students' needs and recommending
appropriate instructional methods and materials to increase student
- Develop and administer assessment instruments to determine the
effectiveness of instructional programs.
- Provide curriculum support and assistance for school-based
staff in the review and evaluation of instructional materials and
- Facilitate the interaction and networking of teachers for the
purpose of sharing teaching techniques and strategies.
- Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and
- Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial
relationships with faculty and staff, as well as with community
partners to the benefit of students and classes.
- Support the work of the Principal and administrative leadership
- Participate in required non-classroom activities, including
Back to School Night(s), parent/student conferences, retreats,
faculty meetings, field trips, and special activities and
- Timely and professional completion of required reports and
- Represent the school at community or public events in the
highest ethical manner.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the school
administration.Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in education, teaching, or a
related field. Master's degree preferred.
- At least two years of teaching experience in a K-8
- Two (2) years' experience in curriculum writing or staff
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in
differentiating instruction.Nonessential skills and experience:
- Eagerness to learn new technology and systems.
- Strong understanding of teaching through a balanced literacy
- Experience with a problem-solving and discussion-based
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth,
- Experience working closely with diverse
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran
status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Excelon Associates, Miami , Curriculum Support Specialist, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...